Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-04-2022, 06:55 AM   #1
Rainer

Default Wall Slide of 324 FRED from 2008 needs adjustement

Hi all,

anyone there who can help me with a manual to adjust the slide out?

In my case it does not extend fully but goes in too far.

Fully extended the floor is not even, so there is a "step", I assume it should be flat?

When getting it back in, it presses the selas pretty heavy, even so tough the the wall bends a bit.

Before losing any screws I want to be sure that I know what to do

Any help appreciated!
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:54 AM   #2
Chuck v

Rainer,

Please see my reply to your other post...so you know the manufacturer's name of this slide? Is it electric or hydraulic?

Attached is another manual/parts list that has some adjustment procedures for the hydraulic slides.

Chuck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Parts_Serv_Man_Dewald_Hyd_Slideout_Sys.pdf (1.09 MB, 13 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 10:48 AM   #3
Rainer

Thx Chuck, cannot identify the manufacturer yet. Pretty sure it is electrical and with Pinion and Rack. Motors are accessible through the roof of the storage department.

The sides are hold through big plastic bearings.

Sorry, but when I want to add a Foto, I need to enter a url, as they are stored on my mobile it seems impossible to do
Old 04-04-2022, 11:06 AM   #4
Chuck v

For attachments, open the "go advanced" tab at the bottom of the message box, then select the paper clip icon to open up a dialog box where you can browse your computer and select an image with a .jpg extension to add. You can attach .pdf files that way as well. The dialog box menu shows the file size limitations...

Here is a picture of the coach I had until recently. I attached this from my computer using the method described above...

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1562.JPG (1.27 MB, 3 views)

Old 04-04-2022, 11:56 AM   #5
Rainer

Test with a pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 00CFCCAF-5A3B-466A-A57F-D37A9D411A8C.jpeg (157.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-04-2022, 11:57 AM   #6
Rainer

That works, Thx. Will get some fotos in a few minutes
Old 04-04-2022, 12:29 PM   #7
Rainer

Here we go,

At least I assume it’s PowerGear, a few photos from Front and one from the Back end:
Old 04-04-2022, 02:13 PM   #8
Chuck v

Rainer,

Yes it is a Power Gear unit -- which is now a part of Lippert. Here is a link to a 110 page document on the slide rooms that has some adjustment procedures which may be more detailed than the short documents I attached earlier...
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...g_82_s0503.pdf

Chuck

Old 04-04-2022, 02:25 PM   #9
Rainer

That’s going to be an interesting reading.

Thanks again, Chuck. Will keep you posted once it’s done

Rainer
Old 04-10-2022, 01:27 PM   #10
hossross

Default Slide issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
Here we go,

At least I assume it’s PowerGear, a few photos from Front and one from the Back end:
As I see in in the 2 pics showing the rack (long row of teeth) is you have a bearing support issue. The slide should be supported by rollers near the ends but what keeps the slide "level" is the arms that come out under the slide. It appears you only have 1 arm under that slide so the roller bearing on that are are bad. From the pictures I assume it is the inboard bearings.
What I think is stopping the slide room from coming out is the rack is hitting the opening and probably the slide arm is also dragging on itself. Get a beam light ( not a flood light) under the slide out next to the slide arm and see if you can tell if there are roller bearings on top of the inboard part of the rack. the outside of the rack the bearings would be at the bottom of the rack. I don't see any damage to the "floor of the slide" so that is good, but i also didn't see any witness marks of where support rollers would be in contact with the slide going in and out. The problem of the slide not stopping at the appropriate place on retracting could be a stop problem. My slide on a different RV had 2 jamb nuts that one moved on a rod to stop the motion, it was still up to the operator not to hold the switch as the motor would keep trying to turn. If you look inside under the slide with it extended and tipped as it is you should easily see if there is a threaded rod with 2 nuts on it, or a micro switch that would stop the motor. The product info that Chuck referred you to should also give some operational adjustment procedures that will help identify your stops. Yes it is obviously electric and not hydralic. Try some undercoat remover (or gasoline) to lightly rub over the product sticker so you may be able to identify your exact model of actuator. I think the problem is serious and you may do more damage with the slide contacting going in and out and certainly you are putting a heavy load on the motor IF MY diagnosis is correct. You will need to verify but if you look at the outside end of the slide when extended, if the slide out is tipped then you have a support problem. The in out may take care of itself when the tip issue is corrected. So if you can go get more info and pictures I think the forum can help you.
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 06:30 PM   #11
John1222

I have the same RV. A few years back I had a similar problem with my slide. To resolve I had to purchase a programmer teach pendant from powergear. The pendant plugs into the slide controller and allows you to reprogram the in and out set points for the slide. There’s a useful video on the process here: https://vimeo.com/42361766

Hope it helps.
John1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:57 PM   #12
Rainer

Thanks to both of you, will check whatever I can do without a workshop myself first in the next few days.

It is my first RV with slides, so have a lot to learn about this technique, this is the chance to do so

Rainer
Old 04-11-2022, 10:03 AM   #13
Chuck v

post removed due to an error in my thinking...

Chuck

Old 04-11-2022, 01:22 PM   #14
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

When extended, not level floor is normal, it is a BOX, nothing designed to allow it to drop to level; 2) When fully extended or retracted, you WANT a Tight seal to prevent water/air/insect leaks, but if solenoid operated, can be defective solenoid/s if tripping 12vdc Breaker at Battery. Mine was tripping, staying engaged after switch released, and required solenoid replacement. Otherwise, maybe operator holding switch too long? I watch and release when it stops moving.

Tags
adjustment, slideout, wallslide