Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-23-2022, 11:14 PM   #1
Sab31

Default 2007 Conquest Class C Slide Out not working

Hi,
I recently bought a 2007 Gulfstream Conquest Class C motorhome. Its slide-out is not working. Checked the circuit breaker, and it's okay. The previous owner advised us to engage the parking breaks and keep the engine running to move it out and back in. Didn't work. Any guidance will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Sab31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 04:13 PM   #2
Oldflyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sab31 View Post
Hi,
I recently bought a 2007 Gulfstream Conquest Class C motorhome. Its slide-out is not working. Checked the circuit breaker, and it's okay. The previous owner advised us to engage the parking breaks and keep the engine running to move it out and back in. Didn't work. Any guidance will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

My 2018 slides will not work if emergency brake is not engaged. They also run off battery power so I always hook to shore power before powering them out. Could it be your batteries are weak?
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Haltom City, TX
Oldflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 10:18 AM   #3
RY469

I'm going to venture a guess you have an in-floor, through frame slide out (see link):

https://support.lci1.com/through-fra...c-slide-system

First thing is to pull the slide control switch and ensure there is power to it, and that the switch is good. Usually four wires, two have 12VDC (+ and -), the other two go to the drive motor. The switch will reverse polarity to drive slide in/out.

Then check drive mechanism. There's one electric motor that drives a linear actuator to push slide in and out. The slide has two (toothed) rails sitting on spur gears which are connected with a torque tube so they drive together. OK, so after that mouthful, you can open the RV belly and apply (or check for) 12VDC power directly to the motor to see if it drives. There is a shaft on the backside of the motor, protruding through the frame (opposite side of the RV from the slide). You should have a hand crank to manually move the slide (by manually turning the motor shaft with the hand crank). Could be bad motor.

Let me know if this helps, or you have different style slide.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 04:08 PM   #4
glavinfamily

Couple things. Does the parking brake light on the dash come on when you engage the parking brake? If not, you have a bad switch on your mechanical parking brake the slide out and jacks won't work unless the brake is engaged and it creates a ground to your control panel. Second thing the sister runs off your coach batteries if the coach battery is no good that's why the previous owner said have it running to get enough juice through the system to work your slide have the coach batteries inspected and replace if necessary.
glavinfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 11:05 PM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

SOME required drivers seat fully forward and tilted (to prevent slide/seat damage); Mine a 99/2000 Conquest Class-C requires IGN= OFF (to prevent slide out operation while traveling, I guess?) But mine is a Dewald Hydraulic, yours maybe LCI/ Lippert or other brand motor/ gear drive?