Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Gulf Stream Owners | Community Forums > Gulfstream General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-21-2023, 06:57 AM   #1
Kahaone

Default where to mount 2500w inverter?

I have a 2003 Gulf Stream 33' Sun Voyager, gas model. I plan on doing mostly boondocking, so I bought a 2500w inverter and lithium battery. Currently all batteries are mounted in front of engine, behind front grill. If inverter needs to be mounted close to batteries, where can I put it? It seems there is no extra room in there where it will stay dry.
I am a total beginner, and am still renovating and repairing motorhome, so I do not know everything I should. And I am not 100% comfortable doing too much electrical work, but am learning as I go, and trying to do my best. And help or recommendation are appreciated. I am looking to mount inverter in best possible location, and hopefully an easy location.
Thanks.
Kahaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 10:43 PM   #2
NavyLCDR

I would move the battery to an inside location close to the converter. Unlike lead acid batteries, lithium batteries can be inside with no ventilation required.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 02:11 PM   #3
Kahaone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
I would move the battery to an inside location close to the converter. Unlike lead acid batteries, lithium batteries can be inside with no ventilation required.
Thanks for the info. Maybe I will try to mount batteries and inverter in one of the underneath storage compartments near the converter. But I will need to do some research first, as electricity is not something I like to mess with! So I need to make sure I am moving correct wires, and using correct gauge wire.
Thanks for the reply and advice!
Also will look into changing converter to a lithium converter, to charge batteries properly.
Kahaone is offline   Reply With Quote