Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-22-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
chamberlain

Default 06 Cresendo Slide out

Any one experiencing an issue with the front Teflon guide block on the front slide becoming loose and causing a popping (from binding) noise while driving. I even have the slide locking bars in place and the block works loose after driving a few miles with the screws that mount it being useless.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
nuthut

chamberlain, I have an '05 I bought used. The front teflon block, mounting bracket and screws on the upper passenger side slide is completely missing. I am wondering what happened with that? It may have been the problem you are speaking about.

The fact that it is missing does not seem to limit or impact any operaton or noise level of the slide.

I have no idea who the previous owner was, or I would try to contact them and figure out what was the issue with the slide.

The block is in place on the driver side slide and there are no issues with that side.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
chamberlain

I only have one main slide on my unit but here's what I did. I contacted Gulfstream and purchased the better slide bracket with a roller ball. I took the old bracket assembly off and remounted the new one. In testing the slide in/out operation I notice that a few of the screws that held the side of the slide to the frame were completely missing so I added them and my problem went away. My guess is the siding was oil canning causing the popping when pressure was added to the slide by the bracket. I believe the intent of the bracket is to help keep the slide aligned during operation. I still have the old pieces if you interested send me a private message and I'll shoot them off to you