Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-01-2021, 01:55 AM   #1
BPeschka

Default New Forum?

It seems like there could be another forum in the Tech section. Forums exist for Electrical, Plumbing, A/V, and Interior. I'm looking for a place to post re: Exterior questions. For example, fender skirts.

Currently, there are a lot of questions posted in unrelated areas, and are maybe never read. This topic, "Announcements / News" has a lot of posting that are really questions about a roof, storage compartment, etc.

I can post my question in the Class C forum but the questions and answers aren't really specific to any single class of RV.

Thanks,

2004 BT Cruiser 5210
Class C
BPeschka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 03:11 PM   #2
RY469

I agree. Seems many of the posts are just attempts to "one-up" previous posts. Maybe that's good for their ego, but the posts should focus on genuine help. I've been a Service Tech for 40+ years and look to help where I can. I own a Gulf Stream and think they are a good product considering their low costs. I don't know everything, but am happy to share what I do know. Get's discouraging when others just seem to want to show they are "smarter." Either way, I hope your request to focus forums and get genuine input for real help gets heard.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 04:42 PM   #3
Bike Dr

Well said RY469!! I agree also!! I have been corrected so many times because I may have not used the perfect term or word. But like you, want to help others in any way possible. If people want to push ill step right back I don't need to compete. But have many years experience as a tech. Hope to hear more from you guys!! Take care in the meantime!

But to help bill, if I or we can ask what did you want to ask about fender skirts? Unless that was just an example question!!
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 12:37 PM   #4
Capri 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY469 View Post
I agree. Seems many of the posts are just attempts to "one-up" previous posts. Maybe that's good for their ego, but the posts should focus on genuine help. I've been a Service Tech for 40+ years and look to help where I can. I own a Gulf Stream and think they are a good product considering their low costs. I don't know everything, but am happy to share what I do know. Get's discouraging when others just seem to want to show they are "smarter." Either way, I hope your request to focus forums and get genuine input for real help gets heard.
RY469, Thank you and I agree. I too have a Gulfstream and fell the way you do, for the cost it is a good deal. plus it's easy to work on for the most part.
Capri 2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 01:47 PM   #5
a.fields68

Default generator

hey i have a 96 gulfstream friendship 102 the gen stop cranking from inside i know it a bad connection we only drove it 20 miles and now it want any help thanks
a.fields68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 09:36 AM   #6
RY469

Default New Thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.fields68 View Post
hey i have a 96 gulfstream friendship 102 the gen stop cranking from inside i know it a bad connection we only drove it 20 miles and now it want any help thanks
Maybe you should start a new thread for this post. I see no one answered you.

You said "from inside" so I'm guessing the switch located on the generator starts it OK? This indicates the house batteries (used to start it) and the generator itself are OK. There is a connector located inside the left side of the case (assuming an ONAN generator). It is the "remote" connection with wires running to the panel inside your unit for remote control. But of course the first and easiest thing to check, if all the above is true, is the switch on the remote panel. Is it working properly? Not unusual for it to be at fault.

My 2-cents.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 06:29 AM   #7
PMcD

I have a 2005 BT Cruiser 5290. I am having to rebuild my slide out, and having troubling locating the trim that frames the outline of the outside wall of the slide out. It sits on the flange of the slide out that overlaps the RV wall, and looks kind of like a picture frame. Any help you might provide, even just naming that type of trim, would be greatly appreciated!
PMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 01:24 PM   #8
BPeschka

My late reply. Fender skirts was sort of an example question. There’s no real category to put a question like this.

Thanks for the response. I found a place that says they have the matching skirts.

2004 BT Cruiser 5210
Class C
BPeschka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 10:38 AM   #9
Bike Dr

No sir you are correct I have noticed on this forum that most of time just random questions get ask. And the categorys are the class or type of rv mostly.
But I have noticed that there are many knowledgeable people this site. But also you will get some other very wild answers that have nothing to do with what was ask for sure.
I have also acquired a few good idea's from this forum. So I just pan through all the threads to gain different ideas and offer a little bit of help if possible.
Good luck and I hope you find the information you seek!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' Weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide special
2010 Mini Cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote