Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-20-2021, 02:41 PM   #1
mfringer

Default 2007 Gulf Stream Canyon Trail TOILET PLUGGED

Hi all:

We have searched all over the net to try and find the toilet plumbing schematics for this 5th wheel. This model has two bathrooms. We have a toilet that is plugged. The one that is plugged is in the master bedroom. We have tried all the online recommendations for unplugging it. We have snaked from both ends and no luck. Not sure what to do at this point. Any ideas or schematics out there to share with us??
We will be tearing it all apart soon so we hope someone can send us some info to help.
Thanks
mfringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 09:53 AM   #2
Dennis4809

Not familiar with your rig, but do you have two black water tanks or does your use a pump to transfer waste to the main tank? If it uses a pump, is it working?

If you do have two black tanks, do you get any flow or is it totally stopped? Is this a recent thing or has it been this way since you’ve owned it? I sure wouldn’t start tearing things apart as you’re looking at a lot of expense. All those fittings are one time use.

There are folks that specialize in fixing your problem. I think most start with a camera to go in and see what’s actually wrong. Then using a variety of tools, they’re able to clean up the mess.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 11:00 AM   #3
RY469

The 5th Wheels similar to yours I've worked with have two black tanks. I assume you are talking about the forward head (bathroom) that is not working? Toilets in RVs are typically directly above the black tank. In the case of your forward head, there is a short piece of pipe that spans the distance from the tank to the floor where the toilet sits, this can usually be accessed by pulling the wall panel inside the storage compartment under the head area. Not much distance from toilet to tank for waste to travel. You say it's plugged, I assume because you can't get waste to go where it's suppose to. Let me give you another area to consider. These tanks are (obviously) sealed, when the toilet has water, that pipe is effectively sealed also. This is one of the reasons you have a vent pipe. If the vent pipe (that goes from the tank straight up through the roof) is plugged up, you will have a tank that will not allow waste. It becomes air locked. Maybe my ramblings here help a little, I'm curious to hear what you find.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 02:46 PM   #4
Dennis4809

Guess I assumed that you were talking about the tank being plugged but now seems like you might be talking about not being able to flush the toilet and getting anything into the tank. Which is it? Two totally different issues.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 03:15 PM   #5
mfringer

Hmmmm, I had briefly ask the hubby about stink pipe pluggage. I will investigate and let you know what I find out. Also, thanks for the hint on accessing this piece of pipe from in the storage compartment.
mfringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 08:08 AM   #6
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

One option is RV Septic pump truck and have read where (some) found that issue where the plug from cutting hole for pipe was left in the tank at the factory; it would finally move to position that blocked pipe drain. Also, issue for OWNER is no shop will work on waste tank that is NOT empty, so try to find a truck. CW or dealer shop maybe able to point you to one? (IF you can get them to answer phone?) Edit/add: Personally, I use/ like the CAMCO SWIVEL STICK, (spinning water jet connected to city water pressure.)
Old 03-10-2022, 07:31 AM   #7
Henry111

We upgraded from the low Thetford Aqua-Magic IV and wanted the upper toilet. Installation was easy once we worked out what we wanted to attach it, as our existing connection was all PEX (rigid pipe). We just purchased a hose that on one end appeared like a PEX shark bite fitting, then on the opposite end appeared like the toilet fitting and quickly shut off.It was $14 reception Depot within the sink area.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote