Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
hyall

Default Extra tv

The white compartment where either a freezer or tv may go, How is the tv set up with what brackets etc. we sit alot outside with our cocktails, like watching the news and DVDs. (maybe any pictures will help) I checked out new RVs at the dealers on tourmaster and no tv basement installations but they got all the connections
hyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
Arthur Hayes

Soon after we took delivery of our Tourmaster we went to Best Buy and purchased a TV for that compartment. I had planned to install one of those brackets that you can find in most appliance stores but found that I like having the TV just sitting in the compartment free of a bracket. That way I can position it or move it to any angle that works for good viewing. We have traveled close to 20,000 miles with it that way and no problems. When we pack up to travel I put a lot of the soft things in that compartment, like beach towels and bundles of cleaning rags around the TV.
All you need to do is plug it in, connect the coax cable if you want reception from your antenna or a cable TV hook up. Plug the RCA cables in to receive signals from your distribution box. If receiving satellite signals, your outside TV will mirror what your are receiving on your main TV inside.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
hyall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Hayes
Soon after we took delivery of our Tourmaster we went to Best Buy and purchased a TV for that compartment. I had planned to install one of those brackets that you can find in most appliance stores but found that I like having the TV just sitting in the compartment free of a bracket. That way I can position it or move it to any angle that works for good viewing. We have traveled close to 20,000 miles with it that way and no problems. When we pack up to travel I put a lot of the soft things in that compartment, like beach towels and bundles of cleaning rags around the TV.
All you need to do is plug it in, connect the coax cable if you want reception from your antenna or a cable TV hook up. Plug the RCA cables in to receive signals from your distribution box. If receiving satellite signals, your outside TV will mirror what your are receiving on your main TV inside.
Hey Art
Which direction does your compartment door open ? UP or swing right?

Hey Art
Old 06-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #4
Fl Mike

We had the same concern. Wife found a free standing stand for a flat screen TV via the internet. TV is mounted on this bracket which breaks down for storage. TV is kept inside the unit (bedroom) for transport.

Sorry, don't have a photo of the set-up yet.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
GO BLUE

I put 32" in first compartment to the back of the front door connections were all there....went down to ace hardware and they had a used tv turntable that came out of a entertainment center....raised it up on two 2x4's so it would slide out and turn......my door opens to the front of the bus....I also went to radio shack and got a couple of rf remote transmitters so i can take my sat remote outside and in the bedroom and still change channels without having to go back inside jim k
Old 06-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #6
Arthur Hayes

To answer your question hyall, my compartment door opens to the right.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
hyall

thank you
Old 06-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #8
teebee60

Default rf remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO BLUE
I put 32" in first compartment to the back of the front door connections were all there....went down to ace hardware and they had a used tv turntable that came out of a entertainment center....raised it up on two 2x4's so it would slide out and turn......my door opens to the front of the bus....I also went to radio shack and got a couple of rf remote transmitters so i can take my sat remote outside and in the bedroom and still change channels without having to go back inside jim k
What is the brand of the rf transmitters? I can't find them on Radio Shack. Also, is it a new remote or does it work with the remote you already had? I have Direct TV. TB
Good Sam
teebee60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
GO BLUE

The part #s from radio shack model 15-1950....cost 43.99 need one of those mount up where you keep direct tv box but put receiver down on the dash in the open.....when you buy that you get a model 15-2550 in it for the back bedroom tv then just buy a second of those for the ouside cabinet........I use these back in the house and have one box controlling three tv's......jim k
Old 06-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #10
themuellers

For my tv setup, I ran a 26 inch sony bravia and put it in the center bay under the awning where it is easier to watch. I put a slide in that bay and had a custom cabinet built just for that tv. I bought a cheap wall mount unit and mounted that to the box. Then mounted the box to the slide.

Then i ran the cable and the cord through to the first unit to plug it in. Now i have a full blown flat screen that i even have the kids "Wii" hooked up to.

I did try the first bay but the problem is that the tv is so close to the front door and in the daylight the awnings dont cover it. Also I wanted to put a slide with a cooler in that bay for some cold beverages when outside so i didnt have to keep trekking inside.

Will