Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-12-2015, 09:28 AM   #1
cveino

Default No AC Shore Power?

Hello...Picked up a 2008 Gulf Stream Independence 8360 FRED yesterday from a private sale. Owner had passed away, so the sellers had little transferable knowledge.

I can't seem to get the shore power (AC power) to work? I noticed the cover is off of the automatic transfer switch (ATS) located under the bed. With the cover off, I suspect someone had possibly identified a problem with AC power also?

Do you suspect the ATS is bad? I have 115V going into the ATS box, but nothing coming out?

Or would you expect there to be a master battery/AC power disconnect switch somewhere, I have looked and so far can not find one?

I know there are two battery disconnect switches near the entrance door. One is marked Coach and the other is marked Chassis. Only the Coach one seems to work...when I try to switch off the Chassis switch, nothing happens, this also seems to point back to an ATS issue?

If the ATS is bad, can anyone point me to what I need to buy? As the cover is missing, I can't identify the ATS make and model? But will try to attach a pic...hmmm can't seem to get the file size down to the 256kb requirements?
cveino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:31 PM   #2
cveino

Default Re: No AC Shore Power?

For those interested, the ATS was bad, replaced it and all power has been restored....
cveino is offline   Reply With Quote