Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-26-2020, 08:44 AM   #1
AGR1924

Default '13 GS Innsbruck electrical issue

Hello new to the forum appreciate any help I can get!

Recently purchased a 2013 Gulf Stream Innsbruck 323TBR. When I looked at the camper everything worked. First day home with it an electrical issue surfaced. The following 12v lights lights don't work: down the center of the inside ceiling, one of the lights in the bunk and the outdoor kitchen lights. Also, the neither the AC or heat comes on including just the fan on the AC. I've checked all the bulbs and they are good. I've repaired several bad wires under the rear slide. Somewhere there is a break in the neutral wire. I can run a jumper wire from the neutral block behind the fuse panel to a ceiling light or to the neutral wire under the rear slide and all the lights work but the AC or heat still won't come on. Previous owner is being great working with me but both of us are scratching our heads. Any help is appreciated!
AGR1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #2
bmojmhs

At one time the neutral in my Autotransfer switch failed. When I jumped across the neutral my problems disappeared. I then replaced the ATS and have had no problems since.

Open the autotransfer switch box (if you have one) and check the terminals with a multimeter.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:52 AM   #3
AGR1924

bmojmhs thanks for the reply. We ended up finding a loose wire on the heating unit outside the camper. We added another ground inside on the lights and all is working now. It was even nice enough this weekend for our family to spend our first night in it! Kids had a blast.
AGR1924 is offline   Reply With Quote