Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-06-2021, 05:58 PM   #1
al1

Default 2004 bt 5230 backup camera

my visor mounted monitor has power but no camera vision, replaced camera same issue?? any ideas ? thanks in advance...:
al1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:26 AM   #2
racerpro

I had same issue on 2003. Was bad cable which I cdid not try to source to to cost and labor to replace. Bought a wireless monitor and canara fron Amazon. Easy install and is color as well as HD. 140 bucks.
racerpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:26 AM   #3
hossross

Do you also have the "distance display" my 06 BT Cruiser did and both the camera and distance IR display are powered when the transmission is in reverse. Do either power up in reverse? The power to the camera comes off the rear backup lights and you can check for power at the bumper or a wire goes up the rear into the camera. If you check for power at the camera while in Reverse, that will be the most accurate to see if the camera is getting 12 Volts of power. I also added a wireless color camera as the resolution on the Black and White is terrible by todays standards. But it also uses the same power line as you current camera, so if not getting power now, a new camera will not help. There is also signal lines running from the camera down the back, under the vehicle inside of plastic sheeth and up to visor. If that circuit is the problem, then the wireless camera will work as it transmits the image signal wirelessly. I left the original camera powered and spliced the color camera into the same reverse power wire as I like the idea of using the power on button on the visor display to see behind without having to have the transmission in reverse. hope this helps you
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:07 AM   #4
Dexter

I had to install a relay at the bathroom door so the signal would reach the front. Worked very well
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 12:42 PM   #5
al1

thank you Pro, I actually mounted a inexpensive wireless license plate frame camera which actually works pretty well....buy I will continue to source the issue of my installed cam...
Old 01-18-2021, 12:47 PM   #6
al1

thank you Ross,am going to follow your lead on this issue....check the power source at the back up lights......
Old 03-14-2021, 01:38 PM   #7
racerpro

Yed on distance grid and nite vision
racerpro is offline   Reply With Quote