Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-11-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
11B

Default I Just Can't Understand IT

I have a 2007 Friedship and have had good luck with everything. I take my unit to the dealer for warrenty work and have been treated like gold.

I have a hard time with people blaming GS for their wows with their coach and not the dealer that sold it to them. I own a new Jeep Liberty and if it needs warrenty work I don't call Chrylser I call the Jeep Dealer.

Two weeks ago there was a RV show where I live and I took my grandkids to thank the dealer for their new motor home, while I was there I had a chance to talk to The GS Western Region Sales Manager,
I mentioed to him all the dissatisfaction you hear about GS and their customer service, he said he had been with Tiffin for 10 years and then Monoco before going to GS and heard all the same arguments when he worked for them. He gave me a card and told me to should I have any problems with my dealer to contact him direct.

My point being can someone please tell me why most RV owners blame it on the manufacture and not the dealer and why they think it should be covered under warrenty forever.

I'll bet my life that each and every owner that comes to this site had a chance to go through the unit on inspection before they laid their hard earned cash on the line, why didn't they see the lose screws and lousy workmanship then? And if it was there why did you buy it or better yet if it shows up after the purchase why blame GS why not take it back to the dealer you gave the cash to and make him fix it? If he's no good why the hell did you buy it from him in the first place

I have not been RVing long and just don't understand that the RV manufactures are at falt for all the ills that befall an owner and his RV, and why most owners think it should be coverd under warrenty no matter how old it is.

I for one could not be happier with the coach "I" bought and the support I have gotten from my dealer ( Ray Citte RV a 70 mile drive round trip for me) and the GS Factory.

Would somone please explain it to me if I'm wrong!!
Kids raised and only barrow money
400 Cummins Bad Milage
11B is offline   Reply With Quote