Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-28-2017, 08:41 PM   #1
Ejperry

Default Where is outside tv coax cable route to front t.v.

Not getting anything from outside to the inside, don't know where the route is.
Ejperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #2
Chuck v

Default Re: Where is outside tv coax cable route to front t.v.

Perry,

Since you did not tell us what coach you have or the year model, my information may not apply directly. On my 2007 Tour Master 40C the park service cable coax entry is in the bay with the power retract reel for the 50 AMP power cord. There are two type F screw cable bulkhead connectors there -- one is labeled satellite and one park TV if I recall correctly (or words to that effect.) These are run to the equipment area above the windshield and to the immediate left of the front TV.

Depending on how many updates/changes your coach has had (I did some additional wiring on mine to support HDMI and full HD to the screens...) there should be a panel high in that cabinet on the back wall the has a push button switch and a small red LED indicator. When switched ON the television gets its signal from the roof antenna and its signal amplifier -- when OFF it gets its signal from the cable from the park hookup. Your coach likely has a signal router so the bedroom TV can watch one of the sources (DVD, ANT, Dish, etc.) while the front TV or the outside TV views a different source. That accessory equipment varies quite a bit by year and model of coach, but generally looks like that described in this earlier thread:

http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2614

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:07 PM   #3
Ejperry

Sorry Chuck first post so wasn't very clear, we just bought a 38' 1999 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager, 8.3 Cummins. We have several MH's 36' 1993 Newmar, 25' 2001 for got name, 32' 2003 Monaco Cayman, 38' 2005 Monaco Diplomat 400hp Cummins, 30' 1999 Winnebago Brave and now the Gulf Stream, hopefully it will be the last. I'm not familiar with this one so hopefully I will learn about it on this site. THANKS ED PERRY
Old 06-10-2017, 09:08 PM   #4
Chuck v

No worries, Perry,

Now that you have stated your year and model, those members here with specific knowledge can chime in, and I will continue to do my best to give meaningful -- if somewhat generic -- answers to your questions...

Enjoy the forum and your new-to-you Gulf Stream coach.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:51 PM   #5
Ejperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v
No worries, Perry,

Now that you have stated your year and model, those members here with specific knowledge can chime in, and I will continue to do my best to give meaningful -- if somewhat generic -- answers to your questions...

Enjoy the forum and your new-to-you Gulf Stream coach.

Chuck
Thanks Chuck
Old 06-15-2017, 11:05 PM   #6
RayChez1

EJPerry: Not sure about the voyager, but on my Scenic Cruiser it is in the same compartment where the inverter is.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:28 PM   #7
Frutza

Did you find your problem?
I also don't have a Sun voyager, but to state the obvious, you know it goes from the ant to the booster/ cable jack? now mine for some reason has the ant up front and the switch midship , then splits front back and to the storage bay
Old 09-20-2017, 10:37 PM   #8
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

If the Class-A like my Class-C, your problem (MOST) likely to be in the outlet at the wall/ cabinet, there is a booster circuit (PC-board), amplifier, DC amp switch and all connected to the 12-volt outlet socket. Pull the outlet loose and do a good visual and pull on coax wire (if it is even connected when you pull out?) Mine had pulled loose, broke DC connection to 12v socket and pushed switch and circuit board loose. Soldering iron and hot glue should fix mine.
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote