Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class C
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-21-2022, 01:51 PM   #1
Tonyf

Default Help with ID'ing Slide Mechanism

Hi folks, I need to replace at least one gear pack on my big slide mechanism, the plastic bearings broke up and the gear cocks when operating the slide, the other day it slipped and it thru off the slide adjustment. Lippert tells me they need a system number for the slide mechanism before they can ID the parts. I have a call into Mille at GS, but was hoping someone here can provide me the parts I need to order.

It's a 24 tooth gear, 5/8 dia shaft and ~3" dia plastic rollers, I think its 2.5 x 2.5 tube. At the least, I need the goofy shaped plastic bushing that fits into the oddly shaped hole on the side, I can salvage everything else if need be. Or, some sort of retrofit kit to some other style of gear pack.

I attached a couple of fuzzy pictures to make it even more challenging. This is the 'good' side, if you look closely at the bushing pic, you'll see where this one is starting to crack and break up too. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg overall .jpg (198.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg gear.jpg (136.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg bushing.jpg (163.0 KB, 5 views)
Tonyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:21 AM   #2
Tonyf

Mille returned my call and sent me some part numbers. Now I just have to order the parts from Lippert, hopefully, they are still available. Once I get them and they are correct, I'll post the part numbers.

Not having any patience, over the weekend I decided to make new bushings in the interim. I had some scrap Nylon 6/6 so machined out two bushings for temporary use. Pics attached, not my best work, but they will do until the new ones come in and I get around to changing them. Who would have thought a roll pin and cotter pin are good bearing surfaces? The idea was for the shaft and associated rollers etc to float in the mount, but in practice it didn't turn out so well. May have to rethink that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old.jpg (230.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg roller.jpg (259.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg cutting.jpg (235.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg installed.jpg (203.2 KB, 2 views)
Tonyf is offline   Reply With Quote