Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Texas TC

Default Big bargain on SuperNova or misprint?

First of all, is this one of us? If so, is that price correct? If I were in the market for a 6400 I don't know how I could pass up this deal:

2011 Gulf Stream Super Nova 6400 Class C RV in Allentown, PA
$115,000.00
VEHICLE DETAILs

* Year:2011
* Make:Gulf Stream
* Model:Super Nova 6400
* Type:Class C
* Slide-Outs:2
* Length:40

* Water Capacity:150
* Air Conditioners:2
* Awnings:Yes
* Leveling Jacks:Yes
* Fuel TypeIESEL
* Engine Manufacturer:International
* Engine Type:365 VT
* Sleeping Capacity:10/12

SELLER DESCRIPTION

2011 Gulf Stream Super Nova 6400, very low 1,550 miles, as new condition, features many upgrades including in motion satellite, Kenwood Navigation System with AM/FM/CD/DVD/MP3/iPod connection, CB Radio, Dual Back Up Cameras, 800 watt inverter, Select comfort king mattress, 2 residential size porcelain toilets and more. Features power driver and passenger seats, wood finish cab accents, power mirrors, power windows, power locks, fully automatic hydraulic leveling jacks, 5 TVs, DVD, CD, Multi Media center w/ 5.1 Dolby Digital, Fire Place, double door stainless steel refrigerator with ice maker and water, 3 burner gas stove, convection microwave, corian countertops with sink covers, U shaped dinette-bed convertible, pull out sofa, day and night shades, glass skydome above cab, thermopane windows, hard wood maple interior finish, washer dryer unit, 1-1/2 baths, corner glass shower, fantastic fan and power bath vents, dual ducted A/C, ducted heat w/ heated storage compartments, fluorescent lights though out, power wind sensor awning, power step, dual slides w/covers, full body paint w/double clear coat, 140 gallon fuel tanks with covers (1,200 mile range), 15,000lb class 4 trailer hitch with electric trailer brake control, quick connect for trailer back up camera. 150 gallon fresh water capacity, (2) 52 gallon black/grey water tanks, 12 gallon electric/gas hot water heater, 64lb LP tank, 50 amp power w/ auto change over and converter, 2 auxiliary batteries w/ disconnect, 6.0 Diesel Generator, Priced to sell at $115,000.00 call 610-217-2709

Here is the link to RV Trader where the posting currently is listed:

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/find/list ... --98509421

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
cd6400

Default Re: Big bargain on SuperNova or misprint?

Seems to be a private owner.... This has to be the sister coach to my 2011 6400 as there were only 2 units produced in 2011 model year on the 4200 chassis with the VT-365...I have the other one. If the asking price is correct I suspect that the owner is selling it for what he owes on it just to get out from under it. The best trade in offer I've had has been around $145K if they were even willing to make an offer...retail should be around $160K or so at least.
cd6400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
Texas TC

I was really wondering if it was your coach since it was a 2011. I knew there were not to many of them built.

Whatever his motivation, that is a really low price for an essentially brand new coach with a lot of extras.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
schmittm

That must be a misprint or complete desperation, but mine is for sale and here is the link. Not a desperation sale and tons of work done to it. Anyone know some one that wants a 6372 that has been take care of by a really "OCD" person. As my friends say "I'm the guy that you want to buy used items from, they are better than new"

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail4657583.htm
Old 04-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
don

called today, left a message and owner returned my call 20 minutes later.

guys name is Peter.

tentatively sold the coach on saturday, verbal agreement as sold.

don
don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
Wildblue

Hey, schmittm, for curiousity I just checked out your rig. I might be interested, except I just purchased by 2008 Conquest Endura. Very similar to your SN in many, many ways. I'd love to hear more about your rig, if you might by chance have a blog on the work you've done on it, or such. I'd like to do a lot of similar work, such as the hood soundproofing and fan clutch. And I think yours might be the first International chassis I've seen with the wood dash kit upgrade. Where did you get that?

Since you're selling, just let us know if you're going to get rid of your pics and such, and I'll mass download them first. Thanks!

37' 2008 GS Conquest Endura 6362 Class "C+", International Chassis w/diesel VT365
Wildblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
schmittm

I am not getting rid of pictures anytime soon and with this economy, not expecting it sell that quick. If you look at AD you will see a link to Flickr images on Yahoo, also if you read in the description part way down I made a long list of everything that has been done.

Here is the info for the dash kit.
If you want to add wood dash kit you can call Forest River Automotive directly and for $240.00 get the three piece kit.
(574) 522-7472 and ask for John.
57884 County Rd 3
Elk Hart, IN 46517

There are some difference between the Supernova and the Endura, mostly on the interior of the house and the design of the cabover. Enjoy
Old 04-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
gsadmin

Wow, how do you guys do it with that huge rear end? It seems like 1/3 of the coach is behind the rear wheels. How do you keep from high-centering it or just simply dragging a-- ?

My mom has a Safari with less rear end and on the maiden voyage home from buying it, I drove into a parking lot in Wendover and busted the oil pan. Obviously no engine in the rear on these, but I just don't know how this works...
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
Texas TC

The 6400 definitely has the longest section behind the rear wheels of all the SuperNova models. However, they have a 277" wheelbase. The wheelbase to overall length ratio is .57 which is not too shabby as class C coaches go. My 34' version has a 266" wheelbase and a .65 ratio which is one of the best ratios of all RV's.

The chassis is rated for 25900#. They hold their level really well. Dragging the rear has not been a big issue with these coaches of any length as far as I know. My Kodiak 35' coach with a 250" wheelbase dragged all the time. My SuperNova never has.

GulfStream had a real winner with this coach if they had done a better job of quality control and marketing. They had an exclusive agreement for the use of this chassis at a time before the economic meltdown. Many of us who own them know what a gem we have. Others had issues, like with all coaches, and had a hard time with the dealer and or GS getting them repaired.

I love mine and have been very pleased. However, I have one of the first ones they built and they were more than happy to repair any issues that I had with the coach.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
schmittm

I have the 37ft version and have never had the back end drag. The only time I had something drag was when I had my adjustable hitch on with a ball mounted on the bottom and top. The ball on the bottom drug a little coming out of a steep drive but barely scratched the pavement. When I hitch up my 6000lb boat the back end doesn't drop. This chassis is great.

As far as issues, I have not had to many that were terrible. My biggest problems came from a third party vendor, Power Gear (worst customer service I have ever experienced). They are the ones that did the leveling system and slides motors. There was a revision to the board for the jacks and for the board for the slides to fix errors or lock up. Once I had the new boards in and then put all new boots on Jack motors with CV joint clamps to waterproof them, I haven't had any other problems.

If you think you are going to own an RV, trailer or camper and not have any problems then you should not own one. Every brand at every price level has problems and when the warranty runs out or you have to pay out of pocket, that is when you hear people complain. The more the RV costs, the more it cost to maintain and to fix problems, just ask someone that owns a Monaco. Also, you have to keep in mind that 2008 is when they started to make these, so for the first model year there is going to be some bugs or issues to work out and things won't be perfect. I pretty sure the 2011/2012 has some enhancements, but it also costs more. I rather fix or update my coach for less money.

An RV is just like a boat, "It is a hole in the ground that you throw money into" It will never be worth what you paid for it and it will break at some point, so keep that in mind and enjoy it and have fun with it, because you can't take the money with you when you die.

This is a great motor home and I get compliments all the time, I can't stop for gas without someone coming up and talking to me about my Supernova.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
CraigH

I have the 6400 and I think I have only had it drag one time... and quite frankly it would not have mattered what I was driving! It was just a bad place I unfortunately knew I had to get out! I think with the air suspension it may even be a little less likely to drag... Has not been an issue - when I had a 31' on a Kodiak chassis I had to be very careful with dragging... The International is hands down so much better!