Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
darbyjudy

Default Locked out

I have a 2004 Sunvoyager, model 8379.
While camping in TN, we had went to do laundry and when we returned I put key in door lock and it turned but the door would not open. I was able to get one of the small windows in the sun room open and found a small lady in the campground to crawl in and try to open it from inside. But it would not open from inside either. The lady unlocked one of the bigger windows and I crawled in and took the inside of the lock apart but still was unable to get the door to open. We ended up drilling all the bolts out of the lock and with a lot of problems finally got the door open. The lock was a TriMark and what had happened was the latch had broken in the lock. I had to buy a new lock to the tune of $124.00. Now I am scared to lock the windows when we leave, afraid it will happen again.
Has any of the rest of you had this problem and if so how did you get the locked door open?