Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
tcrsolutions

Default 1995 Scenic Cruiser Cargo Rocker Switches

I own a 1995 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser Diesel Pusher. Two of my cargo rocker switches have gone bad. In order for me to get the cargo doors open, I have to hook the wires up to one of the working switches and toggle it. It is very inconvenient. I have not been able to locate these smaller switches anywhere. Every RV place I've gone to only carries the larger momentary rocker switch, which will not fit in the opening. Does anyone know where I might be able to locate replacement switches? Thanks!
Old 11-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

A picture of the switch would help. Hard to guess what it looks like.
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
nostradumass

try west marine, they have lots of sizes and you probably can find one that will do what you need.............Bill
nostradumass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Nanaeve

Default Rocker switches

Try Mouser Electronics, They ship really fast and are inexpensive. Look up the number on the switch and Manufacturer and you should find it on line, Just be patient as thier hard cover catalog is over a 1000 pages. If its a switch, relay, lamp, or what have you they have it . I usally get it 2 days after ordering from thier So CAL wherehouse, but think the have others, good people to work with.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
RayChez1

Default Re: 1995 Scenic Cruiser Cargo Rocker Switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrsolutions
I own a 1995 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser Diesel Pusher. Two of my cargo rocker switches have gone bad. In order for me to get the cargo doors open, I have to hook the wires up to one of the working switches and toggle it. It is very inconvenient. I have not been able to locate these smaller switches anywhere. Every RV place I've gone to only carries the larger momentary rocker switch, which will not fit in the opening. Does anyone know where I might be able to locate replacement switches? Thanks!
I have a Scenic Cruiser, but I am confused as to what rocker switches you are talking about. Are you talking about electrical switche or what? Do you have electric compartment locks? Confused need more detail on what you are talking about.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
RayHarkness

Default switch comments

I have found, that if you exercise the switch, over and over, just keep working, it may clear up, if its not allowing current to pass through.

One trick a two way radio technicians told me once, was to key a switch, and then send power to it..it can "clean" the switch...

this works for me, on many switches. Just sitting around they get lazy, and can develop some minor corrosion. Might be worth a try before buying new switches...probably I posted this too late!!
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote