Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
SugarRv

Default Removing washer/dryer

Does anyone know how to remove a Splendide washer/dryer combo? I have a 2003 Friendship Quattro and could use the extra storage space, but I can't figure out how to get to the water and electrical connections.
SugarRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: Removing washer/dryer

I have removed our Splendide on several ocassions for repairs.

If yours is like our Yellowstone 8408 Quattro, to remove it, I must first remove the bedroom door, remove the two doors on the cabinet where the washer/dryer located, remove the two
doors on the cabinet above the W/D. I also remove the center divider for the top doors, by removing the two top and bottom screws that hold the divider in place. Then remove the bottom/floor of the upper cabinet, the bottom is made in two sections, I always remove both sections to allow easier access to the water hoses, vent hose and electrical plug.

Remove the bottom removable panel on the washer and you should see two screws that hold it in place to the floor/bottom panel.

I have found that you will need two men with strong backs to slide it out and lift it onto the floor. I always place a throw rug upset down on the floor and slide the W/D out into the
livingroom area, much easier than trying to carry it out there. Now carrying out the door is one rough job.
Good Luck, protect your back,
Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
03heritagerider

We have the same year and model coach as you, and like GS40, have had the washer out several times for service.

His description of the removal process is fairly similar to mine. On my coach (and I assume your's is the same), I had to remove the bedroom door because the angle of the door will prevent the washer from sliding straight out. I then removed the two lower doors where the washer lives.

The upper compartment has a two piece floor. I lifted the back panel and was able to reach in to unplug the electric and disconnect the vent and water hoses.

Removing the kick plate on the bottom front of the washer reveals the anchoring screws. Removing them should set the unit free.

If your coach came with the rolling foot stool for the bedroom chair, it makes the PERFECT dolly for removing the washer. It is just about the same height as the bottom of the washer. Lay a board on the stool and slide the unit onto it. For me, I was able to use the stool to rotate the washer for service...for you, you can use it to roll it to the door!

Good luck and be careful! Wear gloves. There is plenty of sharp sheet metal that will cut you at every opportunity.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

The only reason I always removed the upper cabinet doors and center support was to be able to get my fat, UH large, overgrown body midsection in far enough to disconnect/reconnect the electric, hoses and vent.
If one is able to get to the back of the washer without doing this, it will save you some time. At 220 lbs and a larger mid section I could not.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
SugarRv

Thanks for all the great info. Now I just have to find a new home for the washer. I don't know if there is a market for used washer/dryers.

Thanks again
Gary
SugarRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
03heritagerider

There's a market for everything. Just check e-bay! Also, check with a local used appliance dealer. They may not give you much but may come and take it away.