Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-25-2021, 10:25 PM   #1
Tpedry

Default 2004 Yellowstone

I recently purchased a 2004 Yellowstone 34 foot three slide outs and I'm still trying to find out how things work. I have three switches in particular that I don't know what they do. Also there is a blank outlet box by the bedroom ceiling vent and I am curious what that is for.

Also I'm having trouble with the dining area and especially the office area slideouts closing up the gap inside. If I adjust it to close tighter inside there is a gap on the outside, always on the top.
Tpedry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 06:04 PM   #2
hossross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpedry View Post
I recently purchased a 2004 Yellowstone 34 foot three slide outs and I'm still trying to find out how things work. I have three switches in particular that I don't know what they do. Also there is a blank outlet box by the bedroom ceiling vent and I am curious what that is for.

Also I'm having trouble with the dining area and especially the office area slideouts closing up the gap inside. If I adjust it to close tighter inside there is a gap on the outside, always on the top.
\

ON the switches, one should be the master switch to turn on power to all the cargo boxes. each box should also have a light with a manual switch. You can make sure none are left on if you turn master off. turn on when dark outside and walk around to see if it does that. The other switch is to turn off the electric stairs they will cycle with each door opening. Once you park, flip it off and the stairs won't keep needlessly cycling. On my coach these switches were all defeated don't know who rewired or why, but now that you know the purpose go rewire them. Many share the same power lead, check the name of fuses to see which should have their own power feed.

As for the top gap, there is a wiper seal on the top that doesn't technically seal, but does wipe the potential debris towards the outside when the slide come in, They can be dragging, spray seal lube on those and all the seals that side on the outside of the "box". lift up the seal lip and get spray under there where the friction is highest. Get a mirror and see if the top seal is compressed when the slides are out. Also when the slide is about out, have a person on each end push out near the top to see if with extra power the top seals when the bottom is against the stop. This isn't a fix, but helps to diagnose if friction, slide out angle (what the slide boxes sit on) When you bring the slides in, does the top hit first? another clu to need to adjust slide angle,
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote