Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
kissfan79

Default I am in need of help! Wierd problem with my 89 Regatta.

Hey guys....
I am an RV rookie and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on a problem that just popped up. Here are a few details:
I just recently purchased a 1989 Gulf Stream Regatta RV. It has the Ford 460 on a John Deere Chassis. We knew the RV needed some love and work when we bought it but it is turning out to be more than we bargained for. Here is the latest problem to come up today. I went out to start the RV and let it run for a few minutes and then fire up the generator just to keep them running (until we purchased it....it had not been run with any consistency for about 6 years.....basically it just sat). It started once and I let it run for about 30 seconds. I shut it off and then went to re start it and nothing. No sounds....no nothing. I had neved had an issue with it starting up at all until now (it has started reliably for almost 2 weeks now). I went to fire up the generator using the switch in the cabin and nothing.....not even a sound. Once again....I had never had an issue with the generator firing up. The battery is good....it is brand new as of two months ago. I tested several other things in the RV. The headlights work....the dash cigarette lighter works....the horn works. The CB doesn't work...the dome lights throughout the RV don't work....the radio does not work. It's like some things have power and some don't. It's like half (or more) of the RV soemhow got disconnected from power. My question is this: is there a breaker or a fuse on this model that would snap and cause this kind of problem? I checked the breaker panel in the rear cabin where the bed is but they were all for the appliances and such. I did see a panel with a clear cover under the hood area. I am going to take it off tomorrow to see if I find anything. I did check all the battery connections and, as I said, the headlights come on with no problems....not even dim so I don't think it is a low battery problem. The only thing that was unusual was the fact that I reved the engine just before I turned it off....but I don't think that would cause an issue other than somehow causing a power surge that blew a fuse or breaker. Anyhow....thanks for reading and if anyone has any information that might help....no matter how insignificant it may seem......I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks again in advance.

Jim
kissfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote