Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
M99inspect

Default 12 VDC problems

I have a 2004 Gulfstream Conquest LE model. Yesterday I switched out the 12V coach battery with another one I had because the last time I went out, the battery failed me and it would't charge even when the Truck was running. Anyway, I usually keep the rv plugged into my 110V house power and I shut everything off to check the water level in the existing coach battery then I decided to replace it. There's a panel (kind of rusty) located between the Generator and the battery with 3 thumb type breakers: 100A, 50A and 80A?(hard to see). I flipped them open to make sure all powers off prior to removing the battery (I don't normally do this)and the middle one wouldn't open without help. I can't figure out owe these actually work since the little switch that pops out actuaal came out and it was just plastic. The battery went in and I closed everything and went in to start the generator. It wouldn't start without being plugged into house power and when I did this the generator started fine and generated power. Here's my problem. None of the 12V stuff in the coach would work nomatter what I did. I checked every single auto fuse carefully and all the breakers and found nothing. I kept flipping the master cut off switch inside and that didn't do anything. Help! I'm supposed to be going up to NJ from Northern Virginia this next weekend.
M99inspect is offline   Reply With Quote