Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
RayHarkness

Default Coach Battery Charging

Ok, I think this topic has been discussed before. We have a 2002 Gulstream Scenic Cruiser, Cummins, etc etc...I have found that the coach batteries are not charging during driving. I replaced the Intellitac relay, and checked the connections entering it. The Ignition wire does come "alive" when the engine is turned on. However, I have observed voltage drop on the coach batteries as driving, will continue right down to mid 11 volts. I then usualy start the generator, bring them back up, but I don't think I am getting charge when driving. Any ideas...been going through the wiring in the compartment under the driver seat..Everthing seems good, tight..etc.

Thoughts? Ray
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
chamberlain

Hello, I had the same problem on my rig and it was found to be a broken/loose cable to the alternator. I kept draining the batteries and had to run the generator to keep them charged while driving.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
bob3nliz

Send a message via Yahoo to bob3nliz
Default charge

I found on my RV the charge for engine battery had to be full and I was not running enough [ lights etc ] to draw to much from alternator then it would kick in and charge house batteries. When engine is running the main thing alternator is doing is charging engine battery then running lights etc, then if alternator is not max out it will charge house batteries too. BobnLiz
bob3nliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
RayHarkness

Default Found the problem

Front compartment, below driver seat, (outside) all the electrical conections, fuse, links and etc are located. I found a Relay called Intellitac. I contacted Intellitac, and replaced this. I now have charge going to the house batteries...heat is a problem, as well as time, for the proper operation. I am in Florida, and of course heat is a problem....... for anybody else that needs to know. It was readily visible in the center of the electric sources in that front compartment. R
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
jshelley13

I have a 2007 tourmaster, do you think I have one of these intellitac relays, same problem w/ hse batteries?thks Jim
jshelley13 is offline   Reply With Quote