Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
SGTJAC

Default Maybe a different approach

First thing, The white on the Battery terminals is a protector not corrosion.
I'm hoping that this forum stays active as I and other new owners to come with have questions for a while. Many of you have been there and done it.

I have a 2006 GS Tour master without manuals but are downloading them as I find a new one. I have been starting the coach weekly but was gone for a 15 days and came back and all I got was a slow turnover and then nothing when I tried starting the engine. It was 60 degrees outside. I have also went and bought a large charger for future use.batteriesjan2020 (2).jpg

Next I started the Gen. and she came on right away without problems. Now, did I do something wrong by first trying to push the Temp. connect battery switch to start to diesel engine? (To no avail, very slow turnover and then I stopped trying) Also when I did try and start the engine, the Gen. died immediately. The chassis batteries are the top one's. The house the lower I believe and up front are 4 for the Gen.

Not very good with Electrical but will learn. Can you help with what I have tried to describe?
SGTJAC is offline   Reply With Quote