Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
JeffnTam

Default Hello all

Hello everyone, new owner of a 2013 30FSES Canyon Trail 5th wheel. We pick it up in 5 weeks, have to wau=it for my hitch to be installed But we already looked it over, so far so good. Dealer will let us stay in his lot, to see if there is any problems. Dealer is 5hrs away from us. But one question I will pose to anybody here. My unit has 3 slides on it, 2 in living room, and one in bedroom (a wardrobe slide). Do you think I need to put any leveling jacks under the 2 main slides? Just something I have been pondering???? With a new unit, ya know you have all these things running through your mind.

Thanks for any input anybody can give me.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Timothy

Default Re: Hello all

Hi,
I would not use jacks under the slides, if the trailer shifted for some reason I would be afraid the slides would be damaged by the jacks.
Good luck with your new Canyon Trail, we really like ours, we're on our second one!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #3
JeffnTam

Even if they are used as like stabilizers? What I'm thinking(and could be totally wrong) is if 4 people are sitting down eating at the table(where on of the slides is) the extra weight out there. The other slide has a sleep sofa(again if you have 2 people sitting on sofa) the added extra weight. All this is proably figured in, but with being a 1st time 5th wheel owner, My mind is full of "wahat if's" I just want it to last a long time, and anything I can do to help, I'm all in/
Thanks for your insight, because my mind is really like mush right about now lol

jeffntam
Old 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
Timothy

Jeff - the slides are designed to be used without additional support, no need to waste money on slide jacks. I have been camping for almost 15 years and never had a slide problem even with 6 adults and 2 kids sitting in the large living room slide area.

Tim