Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-29-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
holmesaw

Default Sewer Connection Quandry

Wondering is anyone else has encountered this problem. There is a screw off cap to run your sewer hose thru on our 2005 sun voyager.
I have yet to find a decent fitting for the end of the hose that will fit thru that hole. As a result, every time I dump, I have to put a fitting on the end of the hose, and then remove it when we leave. I have tried a number of fittings from Camping World, but all are too big for the hole.
Anybody solved this problem?
FMCA Gulfstreamers International
Good Sam
holmesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:36 AM   #2
earljan34

Holmesaw, I have the same problem and have even looked at using a larger pass through but to no avail they don't make anything that will fit that small flat any larger. I did see a guy while camping in Maine that enlarged the hole and found a rubber plug that has a back plate so as to tighten it up but it looked like a half-a#s fix and took him just as long to place it in the hole right as it did me to remove the fitting.

Have you tried the prest-o-fit hoses? They look like they will fit through the hole but I don't know if I would trust them unless they lock some way.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:13 AM   #3
holmesaw

Yes, I have tried those fittings. The problem with them is that you can't get them back apart easily. Thats lots of fun, especially when it is cold.
I usually just pull off of the hose when I cannot get them apart.
Not a very good solution.
Good Sam
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #4
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf

OK guys, the Red Valterra Hose and fitting work if you slip the "l" shaped fitting from the large fitting that slips into the sewer. The "l" will fit thru from the inside and pull the hose thru leaving the twist lock end at the coach connection.

OR ................. I just bought the new "Blue Line" hose assembly and the fittings are slip on. Never had a problem with leaks yet.

Hope this helps, Clyde
Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
Jim

Default Re: Sewer Connection Quandry

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesaw
Wondering is anyone else has encountered this problem. There is a screw off cap to run your sewer hose thru on our 2005 sun voyager.
I have yet to find a decent fitting for the end of the hose that will fit thru that hole. As a result, every time I dump, I have to put a fitting on the end of the hose, and then remove it when we leave. I have tried a number of fittings from Camping World, but all are too big for the hole.
Anybody solved this problem?
I cut a bigger hole and put a larger inspection plate that is used for a boat on the bottom of the compartment. I can now get any size conector or hose in there.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
holmesaw

Just brought my hoses into the house (wife thrilled to death) to get them warmed up. Put my blue connectors in the vice and finally got a hammer and screwdriver. Beat on the connection until I finally got them apart.
Then I applied lithium grease to the inside of the fitting and reinserted.
I can get them apart now, so hopefully they will still work when I get on the road.
Good Sam
Old 11-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #7
Retird2Golf

:P Good Job !! Like I always said , "Never use force ....ALWAYS use a BIGGER HAMMER !"
Old 11-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #8
Retird2Golf

:P Good Job !! Like I always said , "Never use force ....ALWAYS use a BIGGER HAMMER !"
Old 11-30-2007, 11:14 PM   #9
RJ82much

No solution yet, just an addition to the complaining. I am sick 'n tired of pulling a grubby, dripping hose backward into the compartment so that I can remove it and wash it out and off. Another great engineering feat by our favorite manufacturer.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:43 AM   #10
WE B RVN

I have two drain master electric gate valve's with the waste master. It also will not fit through the deck plate. Solution www.phasefourindustries.com has an eight inch deck plate to replace the standard six inch from the factory.
Log onto the web site, on the left under products click waste master. Scroll down to the 8" deck plate part number 5575 retail price $15.40
I never unhook my hose from the rv. I have always hated unhooking it to rinse, then trying to find somewhere to hang it up and drip dry. And then that (stuff) would still drip out into the compartment. I know that you may think that not disconnecting to rinse sounds nasty. However, the waste master valve on the end of the hose has made this (process) very clean and dry.
Hope this helps. Kevin
WE B RVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #11
zzrv

I have the 'sewer solution' to this problem. I too could not understand why they (GS) would make the hole too small for the hose connector to fit thru. A real PITA! However, I just returned from a trip after fixing the problem and must say my solution worked GREAT. I will post pics later.

Ron
Old 12-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #12
rdlamb

Default Maceration is the answer

I solved this with a macerator, with a clear glass connection to the 1" hose, so I can literally see what hits the fan.
Otherwise, I also would be in deep doodah if I had to rely on the old fashioned way of connecting everything myself. Must be why we have wives?
Safe Travels
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:09 PM   #13
zzrv

As promised, here are the pics of my 'sewer solution'.

[img]

[img]

I used a clear 45 degree coupler to the dump connection and a Valterra screw type coupler to the outside connection. I used about a foot of hose to connect the two together.

To mount the outside Valterra connector, I cut a piece of Lexan to fit snuggly over the coupler and then screwed it to the existing hole opening as seen in the bottom pic.

No more having to feed the hose thru the opening, then attach the coupling. Very simple and easy to operate now. Total cost about $25.[/img]
Old 12-09-2007, 01:44 PM   #14
Retird2Golf

Wonderful idea !! I'm gonna add that to my project list.

Nice pics, Best Regards, Clyde
Old 12-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #15
darbyjudy

Default Great Idea

ZZRV what a great idea, I have to put that on my to-do list. Yes I have been taking the end off of my hose or leaving the door open. I guess you must just leave it open, with out cam is that true.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #16
earljan34

That is a great idea will also add to my to do list! Do you have a cap on the outside??

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:41 PM   #17
zzrv

Here's one more pic with the cap on and compartment door closed.

[/img]

Ron
Old 12-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #18
RJ82much

Ron,

I have to ditto what everyone has said: AWESOME solution for a terrible task... I'll be adding that to my to-do list like everyone else. Thanks for sharing the pictures as well.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote