Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
GregGarner

Default Super C International owners manual?

I pickup up my new Gladiator Super C motor home last week. The unit has a International VT4200 chassis with the VT365 diesel. The documentation did not include any kind of international owners manual. Did anyone else that has a Super C with the international chassis get an owners manual?

I am looking for things like what the ECON light on the dash means, what kind of oil to use, how often to change the oil, etc.

I sent in a request for this to Gulfstream and I was told they don't include an owners manual, which I found quite strange.

If you do have an owners manual, does it have a part number on it?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
pchicky

You should have gotten a couple of manuals actually. There is an "Engine Operation and Maintenance Manual" and an "Operator's Manual Chassis" that both come from International. My dealer had them separately from the motorhome in a white box when the unit was delivered to me. I'd check back with your dealer....he probably has them and just forgot to give them to you.

You will find that the manual gives you all the information you were looking for plus a bunch more! It's really informative.
pchicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
GregGarner

Default Re: Manuals

This sounds like exactly what I needed to know. I will call the dealer again tomorrow and press them on this.

Could you look and see if there is an international part number on these manuals, please? If I can't get it from the dealer then maybe I can get it from International.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
Texas TC

All my manuals came in a plastic bag that had the VIN, date manufactured, and job number all written on the outside.

The manuals (5) and part numbers follow:

Engine Operation and Maintenance Manual #1171814R3
Operator's Manual-Radio #3601673R1
Operator's Manual-Chassis 2645207R1
Allison Warranty #SE0100EN
Allison Motor Home Series Operator's Manual OM3364EN

All should be available from your local International dealer. Mine came with all the other manuals in the coach. When you talk to International, ask them for an ISIS report. It will tell you all the components that went in to the manufacturing of your coach. Also, see if they will give you and International Road Atlas. It lists all the International service centers in North America. I have used it more than once on the road.

See the list of fluids for the coach I listed on this site. The manual calls for changing the oil at 10,000 miles and the fuel filter at 20,000 miles. The technicians at International will tell you to change both at 7500-8000 mile intervals. That is what most of us are doing with our coaches.

Good luck!

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
Texas TC

The ECON light on the dash is controlled by a button in the end of the shift leaver. I use the ECON mode 99% of the time. The Allison MH2500 has two shift patterns programmed in it. When the ECON light is off, your shift points will be much higher and therefore use more fuel. When in ECON, the shift points will be lower to conserve fuel. If you push the accelerator past midpoint on while in ECON mode, it will automatically revert back to the non-ECON mode and shift at the higher points.

You need to try both modes to see which one you like best. I wish they had given an ECON off light rather that being illuminated when it is engaged since I drive most of the time with the ECON mode on. I really tire of seeing the light on at night.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
GregGarner

This is really great info, thank you so much.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
GregGarner

Good news, I went back to the dealer where I bought my Super C, and they found the missing manuals. Apparently they had put them into a closet and forgot them.

I know that Gulfstream tech support is relieved, because they had told me that they would get the manuals but it was going to take 4 weeks. I am glad they were going to get them, but this is better because I have them now!