Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-05-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
Toolman

Default fresh water question

I have a 2003 37 ft gulfstream voyager. filled fresh tank bled air out of all lines which should tell pump to shut off with all faucets closed but the pump was still running after searching every where found two brass looking vent?? looking things under kitchen counter and water coming from the cold water one. do I not have a valve open somewhere?? any help appreciated. water pressure not to great either.
Toolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
Restorium

Those two brass fittings are drains so that when you open them the water from your lines drains out for winter storage. If one or both is open you will see water running on the ground under the RV. There are a few of these drains around your RV. If any are open your pump will run. Make sure they are all in the closed position. If any of them still 'weep' when closed then you need to replace the valve.
Rule of thumb for starting up your water system after it has been winterized is looking for water leaking under the RV if the pump stays running after purging the air.
I had a valve get pulled open by accident during winter storage. The ones on ours can have things being removed get hooked on them and they open. They just pull up for open and push down for close.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote