Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-28-2016, 06:54 PM   #1
jmlloar

Default cheap made trash

Just wanted to voice my opinion on gulfstream trailers. to start with I could handle just one or two screw ups as normal production errors that honestly shouldnt have made it past quality control, but come on do they even have quality control at gulfstream????

Problem 1 was just after purchase we wanted to do a trial run, hooked it up and did a once over. good thing too, 2 of the rear support crossmembers on the frame were broken loose, looked like self tappers (what a joke) holding them to frame were broken off. this type of attachment is a BIG NO NO, these should be bolts and lock nuts. self tappers are not a good idea when the frame flexes.
after that one use it was put away for the winter.
Next use was this summer just over a year since purchase, all 3 roof vents shot, told this is normal, BS, I can see half a dozen years but not shot after 1.
next issue was also this year, kept smelling sewer gas, and couldn't find where coming from, finally narrowed it down to ac vents, figured must be a vent pipe messed up, pulled cap from black water vent and pipe inside is 2 inches from the top so it lets smell into the roof, rubber roof was cut only half way around pipe so it was folded flat onto the opening efectivly plugging it shut to vent outside.. now got to get inside of the wall to cut and lengthen it so its above the cover.
next problem, today installed tv and couldnt get any reception so started checking wires to antenna, , loose at the couplibg in roof, loose at the antenna, tried turning antenna for better reception and it wouldn't turn, pulled handle to check it, not even cut straight or is it long enough. and to top it off when the sealed the antenna to the roof the seal it from turning, had to cut it loose to make it swivel.
this plys all the little missing screws and mis aligned crap really makes me want to buy another one. what a *$#@* joke of a company.

my $.02 on gugulfstream as a company