Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class B+
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-15-2021, 09:25 AM   #1
carlamoore923

Default Slide issues

I have a 2004 BT cruiser 5270 the slide was not going all the way out at the top and didn't seem to completely close at the bottom. I being reasonably handy decided to see if any of the bolts around the motor might adjust it. Unfortunately now it won't open or close all the way. I am taking it to the shop but i was wondering if anyone has information on what kind of slide mechanism it uses? I know it has a single track mounted on the bottom center of the the slide. I searched everywhere i could think to find information on it prior to my disastrous attempt at adjustment and couldn't find anything specific.
carlamoore923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 01:45 PM   #2
RY469

Did you try "LCI1.com" and click on service documents at the bottom . . . You most likely will find technical data on your slide there. It is a good idea to have a Tech with experience adjust this for you.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 02:00 PM   #3
carlamoore923

I did check out the Lippert page i could not find anything that looked like the hardware I had
carlamoore923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 03:25 PM   #4
ChrisW

My 5291 has a stop bolt and vertical adjustment under the couch. The most critical adjustment is for the slide to fit evenly on the outside not the inside. I filled the gaps at the top and sides on the inside with campers tape.
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5270, bt cruiser, slide issue