Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-24-2022, 11:39 AM   #1
Ken Hodgens

Default Insurance

Who seems to have the best rates for insurance? Our auto is with Progressive and I'll get a quote from them.
Ken Hodgens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 02:50 PM   #2
Rick95682

Hey, Ken! I've had all my insurance and banking through USAA (we're a 3-generation USAA family) and USAA partners with Progressive for RV insurance, so that's who our travel trailer insurance is with. I figure if USAA is partnering with Progressive, then Progressive must have the best rates and response. Specifically, though, I haven't checked any other companies - didn't feel I need to, as I trust USAA implicitly.
Rick95682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 11:48 PM   #3
Bike Dr

We have Erie and they have had the best coverage for the money hands down! We have them with all our vehicles and motorcycles and coach. We checked other companies and they couldn't come close but that's not to say we have the best. Check around depending on where you live also will affect your rates.
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 01:15 PM   #4
FL_Matt

We had Progressive but switched to Allstate for a better rate and coverage
FL_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:30 AM   #5
[email protected]

Is rust underneath the Conquest Motorhome normal
cathyv217@icloud.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 03:21 PM   #6
Bike Dr

Hello, and welcome! This post was for insurance, but I any case rust is not your friend and where you live does play a role. But a small amount of surface rust is to be expected with age and can be very simply painted over to keep protection of the exposed metal, to much rust can be a problem to radiator supports and other components, inspections should be done regularly to avoid issues. Hope this helps a little ....
Old 06-09-2022, 06:09 PM   #7
Oldflyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick95682 View Post
Hey, Ken! I've had all my insurance and banking through USAA (we're a 3-generation USAA family) and USAA partners with Progressive for RV insurance, so that's who our travel trailer insurance is with. I figure if USAA is partnering with Progressive, then Progressive must have the best rates and response. Specifically, though, I haven't checked any other companies - didn't feel I need to, as I trust USAA implicitly.

Hate to break the bad news but USAA has long been out of the best rates for insurance. Progressive is a LOOOOONG way from the cheapest.

We have Geico, full emergency roadside assistance and I'm paying about $45/mo for the RV. 2018 Gulfstream Conquest 6320. Have a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and it is $124/mo for both. USAA wanted that for just the car.

Not sure that is the case for you as insurance depends on many factors to determine rates.

I was with USAA for 50 years but had to give them up. They priced themselves out when they allow everyone even associated with the military to join.
Not to mention the cost of advertising. They used to be a non-profit insurance company years ago.

Good luck!
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Haltom City, TX
Oldflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 06:11 PM   #8
Oldflyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Is rust underneath the Conquest Motorhome normal

HIGH JACK! Just what does rust have to do with insurance in this post?
Haltom City, TX
Old 06-09-2022, 09:45 PM   #9
Bike Dr

She may have made a mistake in posting her question about rust! Not a big deal! and you may want to check your true coverage with geico FACT they are cheap because their coverage is terrible!! Good insurance companies will give roadside and free glass coverage for chips. Our insurance will tow our coach right back to our door if need be. Sorry but they are like a buy here pay here dealer! Looks good on paper but try to get something done then you see where it matters.. always look into the details with insurance cheap is not always the way to go for an old beater maybe but not your rv if it's of good value..maybe they have gotten better over the years but when we checked with them then looked at the actual coverage broke down it just wasn't there

LIFE IS GOOD- LIVING THE DREAM
Tech
05 41'4 Gulfstream Atrium 8410 SE Freightliner w/ CAT
Toad
2017 weller's 20' inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide special
2010 mini cooper
Old 06-10-2022, 07:58 PM   #10
Life on the fishing pier

Default I'll second Erie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike Dr View Post
We have Erie and they have had the best coverage for the money hands down! We have them with all our vehicles and motorcycles and coach. We checked other companies and they couldn't come close but that's not to say we have the best. Check around depending on where you live also will affect your rates.
We have home, auto, trailer and now Medicare Part G with Erie. Each new policy gets another discount. I like having an Agent I can speak with in person.
Life on the fishing pier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 12:42 AM   #11
Bike Dr

I agree 100% fishing life!

Every time I have had a claim or even a question when I call they are on top of it and my agent is the best.. I had a Crack in a vehicle I just purchased and paid for the windshield out of pocket, when my agent found out about it she wanted to know how much I spent and said that comes with the policy I gave her the receipt and a check came in the mail! To dam cool, another benefit is I can buy a car and can bind coverage verbally if need be to transport the car home and call the next morning and then add it if it's after hours. Erie has your back for sure!!

My parents also have the home policy as you mention but not sure of the other parts they have but with their home and auto Erie offered an umbrella coverage for a million dollars. That's pretty impressive.

ERIE is an awsome insurance company in my book! I have been with them about 20 years.

05 41' 4 Atrium 8410 SE Freightliner w/ CAT
Toad
2017 20' weller's trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini coop
Old 06-14-2022, 06:32 PM   #12
Oldflyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike Dr View Post
you may want to check your true coverage with geico FACT they are cheap because their coverage is terrible!! Good insurance companies will give roadside and free glass coverage for chips. Our insurance will tow our coach right back to our door if need be. Sorry but they are like a buy here pay here dealer! Looks good on paper but try to get something done then you see where it matters.. always look into the details with insurance cheap is not always the way to go for an old beater maybe but not your rv if it's of good value..maybe they have gotten better over the years but when we checked with them then looked at the actual coverage broke down it just wasn't there

LIFE IS GOOD- LIVING THE DREAM
Tech
05 41'4 Gulfstream Atrium 8410 SE Freightliner w/ CAT
Toad
2017 weller's 20' inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide special
2010 mini cooper
Called and talked to them particularly what is covered and what is not.
Insurance companies are strange. Depending on who they insure as to what they charge. I'm happy. That is what matters. I WILL NEVER deal with a no name off brand insurance company. A major disaster and that wonderful little company is gone!
To each their own. I'm happy you are happy, that is all that matters.
Haltom City, TX