Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-17-2020, 03:27 PM   #1
Rvnbob

Default I have no outlets, microwave and a/c

I have a 2007 gulfStream conquest class C motorhome used it a month ago I’m shore power no issues used it today using my generator all I have is lights my microwave not working my AC won’t work and my outlets are not working any ideas on what is wrong with it and does anybody know where the ATS is if that’s what the problem is
Rvnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:33 PM   #2
UAHaerospace

do you HAVE an ATS? or do you have to plug in your Shore cord to an outlet within the bay when running the Generator?

Lights work from 12v batteries, not from Shore or Generator power.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:04 PM   #3
Rvnbob

Default ATS

Our shore power cord is hardwired to the motorhome not sure where our ATS is actually at with in our motorhome just got it back to our house plugged it back in and we have shore power so it is stuck in shore power so I’m looking to find out where on my 2007 golf Stream conquest class motorhome the ATS is actually located
Rvnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 05:56 PM   #4
UAHaerospace

the question is not whether your Shore Cord is 'hardwired' to your coach, but whether the OTHER END has to be plugged into an special outlet ON the motorhome that is then fed power by the Generator... these outlets are generally in the same compartment or bay where the Shore Cord is found - on the wall or ceiling.

If you actually DO have an ATS(Auto Transfer Switch), it will also be either at the 'end' of the shore cord where it comes into the coach, or NEAR the Main Panel, sometimes under the bed, in a closet, etc. It's just a 'box', with internal switches.
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #5
bsonterre

I had the same problem and it turned out to be the circuit breakers on the front of the jenny had popped. had weak breakers.
bsonterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:28 PM   #6
juan

Rvnbob, did everything work "a month ago"? When you start the generator the inverter or what ever it's called will automatically switch from battery to generator. You should here it click and see your microwave clock come on. Ours has recently been problematic. I have to re start the generator a couple of times before it clicks.

Other than that there should be one or two breaker switches in the generator compartment that may have tripped.