Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Jim_PEI

Default Require Florida Park Suggestions

In preparation for full timing one year from now, my wife and I will be going to Florida this spring to look for motorhome parks. We will fly down and rent a car, staying probably two weeks. One suggestion I have is Zepherhills, just north east of Tampa. We will be looking for parks around $600 or less per month, so it appears the south may not be possible. We did South Carolina / Georgia last year and found three we really like. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
03heritagerider

Depending on your needs, there are a variety of places that are in the $500 range.

Here are three that I can recommened from experience...

About half way between Fort Meyers and West Palm Beach is Crooked Hook RV Resort near Clewiston Florida on the extreme southern tip of Lake Okeechobee. Clewiston is kind of in the middle of nowhere and the nearest mall is over an hour away, but if you're a person who likes to fish, this is heaven. In fact, one of the biggest fishing tournaments in the country is held there each year.

Crooked Hook was by far the friendliest park in which we have ever stayed. The folks welcomed you like old friends and there were activites almost every night and almost all are free. Happy hour's-cookouts-comedy nights-dances bingos-Super Bowl Party-execise room and more. Free wi-fi. www.crookedhookrv.biz

A little further south in Sanford is the Wekiva Falls Resort. It's closer to clivilization (malls-restaurants-theaters-Disney World). A very nice facility, since the new owners renovated a couple of years ago. Be careful though, they charge for extras like cable & wi-fi, and you can't have mail delivered there (get a P.O. Box). www.wekivafallsresort.com

On the Atlantic side, 30 miles south of Daytona, is Crystal Lake RV Park. A no frills, but clean & quiet park. Near the Kennedy Space Center, less than an hour from Disney. Charge for wi-fi. Limited 50 amp service sites. www.crystallakervpark.com

I hope this helps. I'm sure you'll get many more suggestions for other choices.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
Luckiest Dreamer

I am not prepared to make any suggestions but I do know that if you are looking for a one month stay during peak season the price will be quite a bit larger than one in, say June. However if you want to book the site for the whole year finding one in your range is very dooable!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #4
tarheel

Try this one. We spent two months last year in Florida looking for a great park to spend this winter. It is a first class RV resort and right on your priceline, with an 18 hole golf course surrounding it. Some sites may be cheaper than the listed prices.

http://www.torreyoaksrv.com/

It's located in south/central Florida close to Wachula.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Jim_PEI

Thanks for the information, and I will clarify a few points. We will be travelling to the southern USA for six months, beginning in the fall of 2011. We may stay in South Carolina for a month, then Georgia, Florida for two months, and back through Georgia and finally SC again. We are certainly flexible on this, so would appreciate any comments.

We want to be near civilization, such as 30 to 60 minutes from major centres. 30 or 50 amps will do, want cable tv and internet (may have to pay separately), and are looking for a clean park with pool and activities.