Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-23-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
Kathy

Send a message via MSN to Kathy Send a message via Yahoo to Kathy
Default camping this weekend?

Ok I keep planning to hit the road and camp for the weekend and it keeps raining my plans out. Is anyone having any luck getting to go?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
ethomps1

Default Camping

Not this weekend, but we leave for 5 days on May 1st. Trying a new campground about 40 minutes from home, in the extreme SE corner of Michigan (between Monroe, MI and the Cabela's store).
ethomps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
Kathy

Default camping this weekend?

We have given up on a little advance planning and are just flying last minute now. I have the camper packed except for the cold stuff and a few clothes.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
nandj1966

Just got BACK from a trip! The 1st one of the season for us. Of course, I live down South, so the weather is a little better than yours, I would imagine.

We camped at a state campground around a lake. Had a cold snap the 1st & 2nd nights and our furnace did NOT work! I never thought about checking it to make sure it worked before our trip. Fortunately, we had 2 elec. heaters in our TT & they helped to keep us warm. Tried to get service repair the first morn. but he was booked up for 2 days!

2 of our Grankids came to stay Thurs - Sat. so that kept us REAL BUSY!

Anyway, hope you get to go this weekend & have a relaxing time. It is SPRING after all -- IT'S TIME!!
Thank you, Lord, for Blessing us with our GS!
nandj1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #5
Kathy

just checked the weather forecast Rain again so we will stay home again This is getting old. I guess I should not complain and enjoy the warm temps. we have been having. Happy camping all.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:40 PM   #6
holmesaw

Kathy,
We are in Nashville on our way home from Arizona to Ohio and have not seen rain in 3 months. I know that will all change when we hit Ohio though.
FMCA Gulfstreamers International
Good Sam
holmesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:24 AM   #7
Kathy

have a safe trip. We have had a small amount of rain. But if you listen to the weather people it is going to rain every weekend. and we should of had a monsoon. I have made the mistake of listening and not camping. that will soon stop. I have packed the rain coat and umbrella and boots. i think i am ready. So get out your boats and lets go camping.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #8
AmeriLite21

Seems like this year is just a repeat of last year. Rain every weekend.
We had planned a weekend at Watkins Mill State Park for Apr 25-27. Made the reservation in Feb. Then got to go on an Employee of the Month- all expenses paid trip to Branson the same weekend. Cancelled the reservation and went to Branson. Now we've got the TT ready, so as soon as we can get the reservation in- most of the good sites are already taken- we're going.
'01 Dodge RAM 1500 4X4 O/R Quad Cab SLT
AmeriLite21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:35 AM   #9
Roy Buzzard

We finally got the camper out for the long weekend. Had a beautiful weekend at Thousand trails in Hershey, PA.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #10
Kathy

We had a wonderful memorial day weekend and only a few drops of rain. The fish were biting also. A total of 23 caught by 3 fishermen. It is so nice to be camping again.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #11
Jim forgrave

Send a message via ICQ to Jim forgrave

We're camping in Florida this weekend. We've been wintering down here for the last couple years. It;s been cold here but sure beats the Michigan weather.

https://photos.imageevent.com/jimandm...ler%20logo.jpg
Jim forgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #12
ethomps1

Default First trip

So far, the first trip scheduled is over Memorial weekend to Bruin Lake State Park in Michigan. Hubby and I are looking at the calendar and trying to see if we can squeeze a three day weekend the end of April/or first weekend in May.

Camper cover came off over the weekend, no sign of any varmits having moved in over the winter. That's always a good thing.

After all I work to support my vacation habits.
ethomps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #13
wynthesurfer

Hi all from England the land of rain cold & snow !
I go away every weekend winter & summer and love waking up to snow & frost being nice & cosy inside my Rv.
It is coming on for Autumn here and the nights are drawing in so sitting outside with a glass of beer is not so nice as it was a few weeks ago.
Over here we have loads of pubs with campsites which I tend to use more than the traditional sites and they charge less hoping to get trade to up their takings.
I`ve only had my Sunsport for about 4 months and loving it, although I had a Chevy Midas back in the 90s.
I log on to this site every couple of days and have learnt quite a few hints & tips so thanks to all for that.
Kind regards Wyn
wynthesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:10 AM   #14
parklandgroupohio

Default help

My friends and I are planning to go camping this weekend. It'll be our first time. Any suggestions on what we should and should not bring?
parklandgroupohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:44 AM   #15
03heritagerider

Default Re: help

First, Welcome to the forum. This forum, and experience, are the best teachers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parklandgroupohio
Any suggestions on what we should and should not bring?
Well, it depends on where you're going. As long as you have water and toilet paper (and for me...beer), you can last long enough to get to a store to buy what you forgot.

Seriously though, you'll need clothing, and I'm assuming from your name you are from Ohio, so make sure you have WARM clothing and blankets.

Here in Western PA it's going down to the 20's the next couple of nights, so make sure you have enough propane for your furnace. This is especially important if you have water in your storage tanks. If you are plugged in at a campground and using electric space heaters, they will help keep you comfortable, but they do not protect your water systems from freezing. That's the job of your furnace(s).

Take a good selection of tools (flashlights with fresh batteries, screwdrivers, hammer, wrenches, pliers, tape, saw, etc). You never know when you'll need to fix something. That includes on, in, or around your rig.

Unless you only eat at restaurants, you'll need food (including snacks) and beverages. The hardest part of taking food is remembering what to take to go with the stuff you took! For example, if you take hot dogs, you need buns, ketchup, mustard, relish, onions etc. Do you need firewood, or can you get it at your destination? Do you need charcoal, a grill, grill utensils? Will you be cooking in your galley? Stock your kitchen drawers and cupboards with the same stuff you have at home (pots, pans, dishes, utensils, cups etc). If not disposable, you have to remember what you'll need to clean everything.

Then entertainment...are there kids? Are they good with hikes and nature walks or do you need to keep them busy with games, books or puzzles? Just adults...music, radio, CD's, movies, guitar, cards. Don't forget the batteries.

If you're just going for a weekend and it's your first time, I suggest the K.I.S.S. principal. (Keep It Simple, Silly!)

It can be a lot to think about, especially if you are new to this. If you have questions, post them on this forum, and I guarantee you'll get several members willing to help you.

What you should NOT bring...Your every day life!
Just remember, you're going there to get away from here. HAVE FUN!