Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
Dick Papaleo

Default TV sound system

Hello everyone,

I am sure that this question has been asked before but I could not find it on the forum. I have a 2006 T/M and want to have the sound from my front TV come through the Sony sound system while traveling (driving). The TV picture is on but the sound only comes from the TV and not the Sony. There must be a way to rewire this and I know someone out there has done it. Thanks for you help in advance.

Dick
Dick Papaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #2
RJ82much

Hi Dick,

Understand that I am not the TV police, but it sounds as though you have already defeated the ignition interlock for the front TV if you can get it turned on while traveling.

There is a module under your dashboard marked "RiverPark". It looks like your standard automotive "ECM" (control module) Diagrams are not available even thru the manufacturer. The purpose of this box is to switch the speakers between your dashboard radio & the entertainment center. There is a good chance this will be controlled by the ignition also.

Though I'm not optimistic it will work, but you might try switching the music-symbol dashboard switch while the engine is running to see if there is any change. With the ignition off, the switch connects the dash radio to the speakers. Perhaps the opposite happens with the ignition on?

This is a question I haven't yet heard, for sure.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
rdlamb

Hi Dick:
Is your Sony the 5 disc home theater system, and, is the Sony able to run off the inverter?
You can defeat the TV disabler by moving the TV plug from the dark brown outlet it is plug in to, to one of the regular white outlets.

On your dash is a switch with a musical note on it. If you are stopped, and push the switch, you can hear your vehicle radio through the Sony speakers, but cannot hear the TV. If you turn the switch off, the Sony will work.

I have inadvertently pushed the switch, and thought the Sony was broken. Somehow we figured out that the switch transfers the speakers between the radio and the home theater system.

As a safety measure however, are you sure you want to have the TV on and the speakers booming while you drive?

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
Dick Papaleo

Thanks for the quick response.

First I want to agree with your cautions about driving and viewing TV. This is
not my intention, in fact it is very difficult to see the front TV from the drivers seat which I would never attempt while driving. The only reason to do this so my family can enjoy TV while traveling. The sound level from the TV only is over powered by the noise in the M/H while traveling.

I will try all of your suggestions and see what happens. A special thanks to Bob and Rick

Dick
Dick Papaleo is offline   Reply With Quote