Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
Dapper Dan

Send a message via ICQ to Dapper Dan Send a message via AIM to Dapper Dan Send a message via MSN to Dapper Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Dapper Dan
Default 2005 GULF STREAM CRESCENDO 8406

I recently purchased this coach and the outside light and handle light do not turn on. Could anyone tell me how to do this or maybe fix it.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
mfa

Are you saying you can't find the switch to turn them on or are you saying when you turn on the switch they don't work?
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
Dapper Dan

Send a message via ICQ to Dapper Dan Send a message via AIM to Dapper Dan Send a message via MSN to Dapper Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Dapper Dan
Default Cresendo lighting

I haven't been able to turn them on. I don't know what turns them on. I have replaced the bulb in the overhead light fixture, however, that didn't do a thing. I have checked the breaker boxes front outside and below the bed still nothing. The manuels don't tell me the operations of the OS lights. I understand the handle is a led and I had removed the handle and did't know what I was looking at. Help
Old 05-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
mfa

Default Re: Cresendo lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
I haven't been able to turn them on. I don't know what turns them on...
Don't know about your coach, but in mine there is a four-switch panel at floor level just inside the coach's door. One of these switches turns on the outside lights. One keeps the steps down when you shut the door. One controls power to most of the storage bay lights, allowing you to turn them all off in case you think you may have left one on. The fourth switch controls power to the interior ceiling light nearest the entrance. It is the first switch that you are talking about. There should be a small label above each one...
Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #5
Dapper Dan

I have four switches, Porch light step, O'Hd light, Power Step and Compartment lights. I guess one of these should provide the power. I will check both handle and Outside light. It could be a fuse but don't know where else to check. Thanks for narrowing this down for me.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:46 AM   #6
mfa

"Porch Light" should turn on the outside light over the entrance door and the handle light.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #7
darbyjudy

Default Door handle light

It could be the light in the door handle is burned out. I have a 2004 Sunvoyager and after about 1 year the light burned out. It is a special light bulb with a little circut board.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
Dapper Dan

Success at last. The quad switches at the stair well was removed and checked for power, when I put it back, the outside overhead light worked as well as the step light and I don't know what I did. The handle I don't know about. Just a few more maintenance items and this rig is headed to Tepic, MX too fish Aqua Milpa and a new lake up stream. Here's a handshake over the miles and a heartfelt appreciation for the advice....LW