Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-07-2022, 05:29 PM   #1
pics4u

Default Power Gear Leveling control chip/head

looking for either the computer chip or complete control head for a Power Gear #140-1179 Leveling system for our Gulfstream Sun Voyager.

Seems to be a common problem and they're no longer being made. Since Power Gear was bought out they've been discontinued.

Are there any Gulfstream graveyards I should call?

Thanks for any tips
Greg
pics4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:57 PM   #2
riverofcode

Sadly there are several threads on this topic including mine. Both the main processor and the solid state switches inside that controller are no longer manufactured by the respective companies. I have a project on my back burner to build a plug compatible replacement but right now am in the middle of a house sale and shift to full time RV living. My controller is so far still functioning so I was not in a rush. Search for "140-1179" number in this forum and in the iRV2 forum and you will find the threads.

Added link for one of the threads: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f110/lev...on-535556.html

2008 Tour Master T40c
2014 Honda CRV toad
riverofcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 01:28 PM   #3
Dune rider

Sorry to hear that. I had the same issue and spent at least 3 months looking for a solution. Unfortunately at this point the only one is a new system. I ended up replacing the entire setup with a auto leveling system. It cost about 8 grand. Good luck
Dune rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:34 PM   #4
Torch

I had the same problem, I made my own controller using relays and switches. I found a gentleman that emailed me a schematic of how he rewired his and it works flawlessly. If you have knowledge and the skill in doing electrical work I will email you a parts list and the schematic. I had about $50 in all the parts and wiring. Email me at
[email protected]

Rich
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
levelers, leveling, power gear, sun voyager