Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-16-2022, 05:45 PM   #1
Steve0321

Default TV not finding stations - solved

for those who are having problems hooking up a TV, here's something I found. The TV I added would not pickup any stations regardless of whether the power button was on or not. Cable connection was a no-go too.

I pulled off the panel where the coax from the TV goes and found there are three coax cables wired to a small circuit board on the back. Mine were wired wrong from the factory (imagine that). The coax from the roof-top antenna was connected to "TV2" port (which is for the outside tv). The coax from the outside TV connection was connected to the "Cable". And the third cable had a bad connector which I had to replace. Once all cables were connected where they were supposed to be the TV found all my local channels.

Don't assume the folks at the factory did their job....
Steve0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:35 AM   #2
Bill Ward

That brings up an interesting issue I have with my ’07 AmeriLite’s TV connections. There are two coax connectors in the ceiling above the refrigerator and one on the outside of the trailer. One of the ceiling connectors seems to be connected to the manual crank-up antenna, the other one seems to be connected to the outside connector. I say “seems to be” – my best guess as a result of a little experimentation since I can’t find any panels to remove and I can’t trace the cables. I couldn’t get the TV to work when connected to the outside connector until I ran a coax cable between the two ceiling connectors. This may or may not be standard procedure with this particular RV trailer, I don’t know. And the owner’s manual is no help (imagine that).

In the information packet I received with the trailer there are installation instructions for the antenna. This leads me to believe it was an aftermarket kit installed by a previous owner or a dealer. It’s of little help except that it talks about a +12V connection which I assume provides power to a signal amplifier. I have no idea if my particular installation even has that feature. It’s all a mystery which seems to be typical of many RV products…
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:50 AM   #3
Mike1931

My coach has the 12volt antenna power booster, mounted underneath the kitchen cabinets. Kinda have to look to find it.
A read light comes on when you push the small power button.
Hopefully this helps
Mike Root
Tulalip Washington
35 miles northwest of
Seattle
2004 6340 Gulf Stream Endura
Mike1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 06:01 PM   #4
Steve0321

my power booster setup was wired wrong from the factory....
Steve0321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 04:24 PM   #5
Silversliver

I would bet that you are missing the power amplifier. That's why it works when you hook that connection together. It will probably work even better if you put the amplifier in that and hook the two wires to it.
Silversliver is offline   Reply With Quote