Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-18-2024, 07:23 AM   #1
coda

Default Winterize partially??

I plan to travel this winter. I live in NC and our first freeze here will probably occur in December. I will be traveling to Florida back and forth. I will need to winterize my BT cruiser 5210 but obviously do not want to do this every 2 weeks all winter. I can winterize and just use the public facilities all winter if I have to. What do others do in this situation?
coda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 10:27 PM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

So you need to winterize while in storage in NC? Do you have power while in storage? Have you ever winterized the 5210? I need 5-10 minutes to winterize my 5211 outside of draining the tanks. I got a piece of clear tubing, put a connector on one end to screw onto the water pump and a little v-notch in the other end. I put the notched end into a gallon of RV Antifreeze. Makes quick work of winterizing the lines and fixtures.

Your options seem to be:

1) Winterize once, use other facilities as you mentioned.

2) No power and threat of hard freeze during 2 week stay in NC = winterize, then de-winterize when headed south. Evaluate each time.

3) With power, keep an electric heater inside the coach set to about 45 degrees. Open cabinets, etc. for airflow. Bypass and remove anode rod plug from WH.
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 11:27 AM   #3
coda

Quote:
Originally Posted by coda View Post
I plan to travel this winter. I live in NC and our first freeze here will probably occur in December. I will be traveling to Florida back and forth. I will need to winterize my BT cruiser 5210 but obviously do not want to do this every 2 weeks all winter. I can winterize and just use the public facilities all winter if I have to. What do others do in this situation?

Not planning on storing the RV, I plan to travel all year coming home to NC every few weeks for a few days.
coda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5210, bt cruiser, winterize