Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-19-2022, 03:00 PM   #1
[email protected]

Default 2003 Gulfstream Levelers not retracting

Been having trouble with the leveling system in general with the control panel not working, but have been working on making manual switches to work them each individually. I can get them to go down on a switch to raise the coach, but when I reverse the switch, I can hear the system trying to do something, but is not retracting them. The hydraulic fluid is up to par, no breakers blown, no fuses blown, so what could be the problem?
torinocobrascj@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 11:44 AM   #2
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

If your system is single hose, it uses SPRINGS TO RETRACT, and you may have broken/ lost a spring, or BENT a jack/ piston? If dual hose, they use hydraulics to retract, and you have other issues. MANY are NOT Levelers, they are (much lower capacity) STABILIZERS to stop the rock/shake, and misuse can easily damage. If latter, leveling should be using blocks.
Old 08-28-2022, 12:04 PM   #3
[email protected]

thank you, my system is a double hydraulic system. I took hours of watching youtube videos of people fixing circuit boards and tried it myself. I was able to fix 3 of the 4 legs that way, so I now have the front legs together and the rears move independently.
Old 09-04-2022, 09:24 AM   #4
RY469

Did you get the email I sent you (with the diagrams and pictures)?
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 10:15 AM   #5
[email protected]

I received one from someone named Jean, but sadly couldn't make it work. I suppose it's my inability to read electric diagrams that put the kibach on that
Old 09-04-2022, 10:31 AM   #6
RY469

OK, what I sent you was this (won't let me submit my edited pictures, so I'll do best I can without them):

You can install four DPDT, center off, momentary toggle switches. Do an Amazon search for such "dpdt center off momentary toggle switch" you'll come up with something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Twidec-Moment...s%2C86&sr=8-10

Wire four of them them to your jacks, using pins 1, 3, 5 and 7 (LF, RF, LR, RR) for each. I'll address the LF jack, using pin one, other four are same, substituting pin one (for 3, 5 and 7).

Wire the two center terminals of the switch to 12VDC. Then one terminal on the end to pin 11, other end (same side of switch) to pins 9 & 11. The other side of the switch, wire to pin 1 (both ends).

This effectively puts power to pin 1 and 11, it goes down. switched the other way, puts power to pins 1, 11 AND 9, it comes up.

Make sense? Many ways to do it, several types of switches. Hopefully this gets you on the right track.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:41 AM   #7
RY469

Default Pin 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Been having trouble with the leveling system in general with the control panel not working, but have been working on making manual switches to work them each individually. I can get them to go down on a switch to raise the coach, but when I reverse the switch, I can hear the system trying to do something, but is not retracting them. The hydraulic fluid is up to par, no breakers blown, no fuses blown, so what could be the problem?
See my post, sounds like you may have left out putting power (12VDC) on pin 9 to engage retract.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:19 PM   #8
washetas

Morning.
Might have mother board issues. worth checking out.Pull your control panel and check mother board to see if you notice any mold,burnt travel paths or anything out of the ordinary.I have an older unit also and sometimes humidity,window drips ect ect can cause issues.( a spilled coke or coffee is never good also).Good luck.
washetas is offline   Reply With Quote