Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-21-2022, 08:13 AM   #1
dfwbmw

Default 2021 BT Cruiser 5245 Frig Quit

I had a Dometic absorption refrigerator quit from the cooling unit on the back. All the ammonia smell was very bad. The back log at my dealer here was not great but Gulf Stream did great on the warranty and covered the repair. Just wanted to let you know that even with very difficult times to get rv's repaired Gulf Stream took care of this situation. Frig works great now. 106 degrees in a park the other day and it was 6 degrees in freezer and 33 in frig section.... Thanks again.
Mods: Progressive Dynamics Hard Wired Surge Protector/ Aili Battery Monitor/ Mobile One Engine Oil/Portable 200 watt solar with HQST MPPT BT controller/LED lights for cabnets when opened/ MaxxAir Fan in the front and rear/LED Tail Light Bulbs/Bus bars in battery area/One LifePo4 102 ah battery/Carpuride 9 inch Apple Carplay screen for dash/Dutch Aire Amish Cooling unit on Frig.
dfwbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:24 PM   #2
Chuck v

Clark,

Glad to hear of some positive comments on GS service, and great to hear you got it all sorted out. I had to smile at the typo above substituting another word for "absorption" cycle refrigeration -- perhaps it was even intentional...??

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 06:15 AM   #3
dfwbmw

Oh I see that now. Yes it was about like that. I will correct the abortion to absorption!! We still took the trip and bought at cooler to finish trip but the ammonia was bad if the door was opened....
Mods: Progressive Dynamics Hard Wired Surge Protector/ Aili Battery Monitor/ Mobile One Engine Oil/Portable 200 watt solar with HQST MPPT BT controller/LED lights for cabnets when opened/ MaxxAir Fan in the front and rear/LED Tail Light Bulbs/Bus bars in battery area/One LifePo4 102 ah battery/Carpuride 9 inch Apple Carplay screen for dash/Dutch Aire Amish Cooling unit on Frig.
dfwbmw is offline   Reply With Quote