Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #1
Mike1931

Default 2004 Endura Gulf stream super "C"

I'm looking for the best cover for my 2004 Endura Gulf Stream Motorhome, I have been using a big white tarp to cover it, That said the HOA changed the rules. Now I have to buy a manufactured RV cover made for it.

Anyone have any ideas on picking the best all weather cover for it?
Thanking you in advance,

Mike in Tulalip Washington
Mike1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
Silent Thunder

I just bought today a 2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6361. Has the gas engine. Any tip or info you can share?
Silent Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:11 PM   #3
Mike1931

Gas is a bunch different! Watch the slides for leaks! I had to replace the floor from in front of the refrigerator 4 feet back and all the way across to the outer bathroom wall. Then had to fix the bedroom slide floor too! Refrigerator went out! There goes another $1,300 for a new one. The front air conditioner quit working, so o got up there an turned the fan shaft by hand while lubing it. Went back to the panel and clicked it on, yep it’s working now.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:54 AM   #4
RayChez1

I would say Empire sells some very good covers. Fact I just looked it up and they have covers for as cheap as $159.00 which used to be almost $400.00. I do not buy for my coach because they are a pain to put on and off a big coach, but I bought one for a 24'boat and I bought another with five year warranty for a sports classic car I have. And the quality of the five year warranty covers for those two vehicles is awesome and right now every thing is at 50% off the original. Look it up on the internet and check it out.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 06:51 PM   #5
Liv2RidMIke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1931 View Post
Gas is a bunch different! Watch the slides for leaks! I had to replace the floor from in front of the refrigerator 4 feet back and all the way across to the outer bathroom wall. Then had to fix the bedroom slide floor too! Refrigerator went out! There goes another $1,300 for a new one. The front air conditioner quit working, so o got up there an turned the fan shaft by hand while lubing it. Went back to the panel and clicked it on, yep it’s working now.
All the same stuff for me, shower drain broke and leaked all over floor, rotted everything. Imo built horrible. Only thing good is motor and chassis. Cab leaks so bad that it had to be removed and resealed.
OH yeah all wires under rv do not have weather proof connections, how easy would that have been to do?? Storage compartments all rotting out, sorry...
Liv2RidMIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:37 PM   #6
juan

We bought a cheap cover for our 29' Class C. It lasted about two years of off and on use then just fell apart. We learned to buy the snow rated (heavy) covers which we now have on two other vehicles. They are much more durable.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:52 AM   #7
socalfrog

Have a 37' Endura and the only option was a custom cover. Went with Adco and they made a cover that fits great out of sunbrella fabric. Was pricey (1700) but it comes with a 5 year warranty.
socalfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:28 PM   #8
PORTABLE PARADISE

Could you tell me a little more about your floor problems? Have a 6403 model super C.
PORTABLE PARADISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:03 PM   #9
Mike1931

Angry Floor issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORTABLE PARADISE View Post
Could you tell me a little more about your floor problems? Have a 6403 model super C.
My bed room slide leaks and the refrigerator drain wasn’t routed out side the coach. So between the total of them the floor rotted out. It took a lot of work to cut it out and replace it. Completely Gutted the bathroom. Removed 6 feet of the the floor from side to side. Had to make some new 1” 1” square tubing and 1”x1” angle Iorn cross members and braces. My local RV repair shop wanted nearly $10,000 to do the work. So my son and I took on the task our selves. There was a hold up for a while, I came down tight HPV cancer. That said we finally got it done. And sure, while putting things back together, the refrigerator quit working there another $1,400 but it’s a new one. And yes love the c5500 Kodiak Duramax Chassis. Again that said one would have thought Gulf Stream would have done a better job with quality control. I would buy another Motorhome on that same chassis. But NEVER AGAIN A GULF STREAM PRODUCT!!!!
Old 11-02-2020, 01:33 AM   #10
Endura Max

Any photos of the project that you could post? Have some floor fixing to do myself, as it seems the lip of the wood floor slipped off the underneath frame.
Endura Max is offline   Reply With Quote