Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-31-2022, 01:49 AM   #1
bertlj

Question What is Supposed to be in '03 FS A/V Cabinet?

Purchased a 2003 Friendship Quattro 8408FS 11 months ago and everything that looked like some sort of display had been removed... TV's, back-up monitor, original radio with gps... you name it. Don't miss the original TV's, but the back-up camera and gps would have come in nice on the 1000 mile trip home.

But here is my real question. The entertainment or A/V cabinet behind the co-pilot's head certainly looks like a mess. I'm pretty sure the Sony receiver/multi-disc player is probably original equipment, but what about the switcher sitting on top of that? Seems like there probably was something else in that box besides those two items.

If anyone out there has a good memory (or even photos), that might help me straighten some of this out. I found Sony's manual for the receiver/multi-disc player, but that doesn't really help describe operation in the FS.

Going a different direction with this, any suggestions for reasonably priced A/V system upgrade(s)? Thanks in advance!
bertlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:16 AM   #2
Bike Dr

That box sitting on top distributes the picture and sound to all of the other tvs in the coach frome the one player in the front of the coach. Most common is bedroom TV and outside hook up if an option!! I updated mine and it is a complete new world! As for the gps in the dash I installed a pioneer double din nex model and it is now completely hands free! Loads of options! Will give more info if you are interested!! Unfortunately they used outdated rca ( red white and yellow) cable style hook ups back then. After work I will try to post some pictures for you! Until then
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:56 AM   #3
Chuck v

Most of the GS coaches in that era had an AV distribution and switching unit made by RiverPark, with a link to a typical unit found at:
https://riverparkinc.com/product/riverpark-avs100hd/

Below is a typical wiring diagram showing how this unit was interconnected. Note that this does not accommodate any HDMI or digital entertainment components, just component analog video and audio.

There are also patch panels used in some coaches to allow connections to be organized in a single panel, like this AVCP101.

AVCP101
Mfg: RiverPark

Description: Audio/Video Connection Plate Features:
    • Connection plate allows for better patch cord distribution and cleans up installation
    • Allows for better service when you have to service components and put them back
    • 4 composite A/V inputs/outputs
    • 4 component video inputs/outputs
    • Coaxial input from Satellite and output to your TV or A/V switcher
    • Audio jack for connection to your audio output from your main TV

Sorry if the image broke...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 10:16 AM   #4
Chuck v

Trying again to post image of AVCP-101 patch panel...

Chuck

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AV patch panel.jpg (16.3 KB, 19 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 04:20 PM   #5
Bike Dr

Here are some of my old box you may be referring to, and the other pictures show the update to hdmi that I recommend! The box with the lights I have deleted. And the dash gps is the best unit ever for the price, I have 4 of them in all of our vehicles and they work flawlessly, Android or Apple compatible tons of option and all voice controlled! All wirelessly!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220331_171244.jpg (146.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20220331_171327.jpg (230.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20220331_171412.jpg (284.4 KB, 11 views)
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony, system description