Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-16-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
COjeepguy

Default Super nova water fill

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a 2008 Super Nova 6400. We are on our first trip with it and I have a question on the fresh water system. I hooked up to the city water and woke up to a full fresh water tank. I can’t find a valve to select local or fill. Can someone tell me if and where it is, or if there is another method to prevent this thanks.
COjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:14 AM   #2
SlimTim

My 2010 6400 does not have a manual valve. There is a one way valve in the water pump that stops city water from back flowing into the fresh water tank. I suspect the valve in your pump is broken or has some dirt in it causing the valve not to seal correctly.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 10:29 PM   #3
COjeepguy

I see- there is a check valve instead of a manual valve. You said it is in the actual water pump, not upstream anywhere? I will take a look at that. Our water pump started cycling every 3-5 seconds after I connected to city water and then turned off the supply. Sounds like it could be related. Thanks, and any more input would be great.
COjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 01:20 PM   #4
genusguy

Congratulations on your Super Nova purchase! I had exactly same issue on a Yellowstone Capri. Mine has a SHURflo 2088-403-144 water pump with internal check valve. If you have no external check valve in the line from tank to pump that you can see, that must be where yours is. I added an inline check valve but then found the pump head was leaking very slightly as well after running a few seconds (sigh). Since the motor was good I purchased a replacement head on Amazon. Easy fix, problem solved.
genusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 02:39 PM   #5
pwerwagn

I had the same issue on my older Gulf stream ultra super C. I had that check valve fail and then about a week later the check valve at the city water connection failed the other way, so my pump would pump my tank contents into the ground.

I was able to get a check valve kit for the pump and didn’t have to replace the whole pump.

Jeff
pwerwagn is offline   Reply With Quote