Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-25-2021, 12:50 AM   #1
Rincon Schooner

Default 2004 Sun Voyager switch function...?

Hello All,
A few month’s back we took a chance and bought a 2004 Sun Voyager 8379 “Atrium” coach..... and we love it. I have been spending my leisure time getting the bugs out and finding that Gulf Stream made a quality product that year. Without manuals, things are pretty straightforward, except one prominent lighted switch. When entering, it’s in the cabinet where the overhead lights along with slide switches are located. Call me stupid, but I cant figure out what that switch does. It has a red light when turned to “on”, but nothing is apparent. I’ve attached a picture of our rig and the mystery switch....any help will be appreciated...Rob Smith....👍🏽👍🏽
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 19774AA5-6E6E-47F0-A740-6C695A57E0B9.jpeg (159.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 1733851F-5639-43C7-9B9A-1D5689962A82.jpg (206.2 KB, 4 views)
Rincon Schooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #2
Chuck v

Rob,

The toggle switch with the separate jewel lamp is the 120 volt electricity for the water heater. You should not have this on when the system is drained for winter as the element will burn out. Your heater also has a propane heating capability, and there should be another small rocker elsewhere in the coach (probably near the 12 volt water pump switch...) for the electronic ignition of this flame, and it too should not be used when the system is dry for winter. It does no harm to run both heating sources at the same time, but I always used the electric heating for hot water when hooked up to a full service RV site.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:11 AM   #3
Rincon Schooner

Thank you Chuck.... we have only used our coach at the beach and always without shore power. We have plenty of hot water using propane, but it didn’t occur to me that the water heater is also electric.... Thank you for the help.
Rincon Schooner is offline   Reply With Quote