Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
CricketSail

Default PowerGear 524664

While on a trip that had a bit too much adventure in it, I broke the housing cover for my back bedroom slide. The part is a PowerGear 524664. A little research shows me that this motor with housing cover is $750, and then there is the shipping, installation and so forth. I've only broken the housing cover, the motor is still good, and need to watch my budget.
The good news is a friend put a pin through the bed frame to the floor rail, so I can keep it from sliding out while I travel. But it's a bit much for me to move in and out manually. It gives me time to work this out economically.

I'd like to know if anyone knows if the (aluminum?) housing can be fixed, is there a cheaper way to buy the whole motor and casing, is there a less expensive substitute that will do the same job, or is there a place to buy a used one? Suggestions much appreciated.
CricketSail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
ntrainman

Default Re: PowerGear 524664

Our housing just broke also. Motor is ok just need a housing. Did you have any success in find just the housing?
ntrainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:43 PM   #3
jjbortle

http://www.cshincorporated.com/rv-power ... ArN18P8HAQ
jjbortle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:18 AM   #4
btkruiser

Just wondering if this ^^^^^^^^ is a direct plug and play with out having to drill more holes on the bracket? Thanks I also have a 2007 bt cruiser with the 524664 motor and the aluminium housing just exploded. I'm planing a trip this month and spending 750.00 dollars also in NO BUENO!!
btkruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 01:34 PM   #5
rideaway2

Default Powergear 524664

I know this is an old post but mine just failed also. I think it is a problem on rough roads and no support for the motor. Sooooo, the prices I recieved these days was $1800 US at a dealer or the cheapest would have been $1500 Can. from E trailer, but still wasn't sure if I would have to pay duty on top of that. no way I was paying that much anyway. So online it seems the most common slide motor is - 523900. It is a little bigger so I had to make the bracket bigger and shim the rail 1/4" but for $300 Can. I can live with that. It's installed and working great, I think I may try and support it somehow as it was a beast to install as it is under the bed.
rideaway2 is offline   Reply With Quote