Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-26-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
Rhodesia

Default Tank Heaters

I have a 2007 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager model 8368 does any know if Gulf Stream adds Tank Heaters in their motor homes in order to keep the tanks and water lines heated during winter and cold days to keep the tanks and lines from freezing? if so I have no ideal where mine is at on my motor home. I walked through a few motor homes made by Gulf Stream and they seem not to have any tank heaters in the newer ones as well.
Rhodesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
Frutza

They should be enclosed in the belly "wet Bay" all they do is run one vent off your furnace down into the wet Bay that enough to keep them from freezing, if you keep they Bay closed and the port holes closed! I say it that way because a friend of mine left the portal open and froze it up, but, it was zero outside
Old 07-28-2017, 09:54 AM   #3
Rhodesia

Thank you I will have to check that out for the heater vent in the wet bay area,
so far I have not seen any port holes is each of the cargo bays.

I did find that my hot water heater tank has two switches one for LP and the other electric in case I wanted to use electric instead of LP for the hot water heater. This motor home is an up grade for me I had a 2000 model Gulf Stream. The last one had a switch inside the Motor Home to turn on your gas for the LP, but this model I have you have to go out and turn on your gas on the tank itself, little different why Gulf Stream did this I have no ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutza View Post
They should be enclosed in the belly "wet Bay" all they do is run one vent off your furnace down into the wet Bay that enough to keep them from freezing, if you keep they Bay closed and the port holes closed! I say it that way because a friend of mine left the portal open and froze it up, but, it was zero outside
Rhodesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:05 PM   #4
Frutza

Not familiar with your unit, but, my propane switch is on the level monitoring system and there's a electric switch under the sink with a red light?