Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
larrybell

Default Slide Out Interlocks

I purchased a 2002 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager Model 8329 in June of this year. The wife and I have really enjoyed the motor home, but I do have one problem with the slide outs. The owner's manual and placards above each slide out switch states that the driver's seat must be in the forward most position to move the slide out. This is not the case, the slide outs will move with the driver's seat in any position. I am afraid that the youngest granddaugher will activate the switch when she is camping with us. Does anyone know which fuse controls the slide outs, or can anyone offer any troubleshooting advice?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
earljan34

Larry. First welcome to the forum! The first thing I would look at is the switch under the drivers seat and make sure it is plugged in and has power going to it!! That should solve your problem if there is no power then you will have to look for a fuse but I don't think that's the case I would make sure that the wires are connected and have power.
Did the lockout ever work?

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #3
larrybell

Quote:
Originally Posted by earljan34
Larry. First welcome to the forum! The first thing I would look at is the switch under the drivers seat and make sure it is plugged in and has power going to it!! That should solve your problem if there is no power then you will have to look for a fuse but I don't think that's the case I would make sure that the wires are connected and have power.
Did the lockout ever work?

Earl
Earl,

I don't know if it ever worked or not. The salesman pushed the seat up, and then he maniupulated the slide out. I don't think that he was being dishonest, he just knows alot about motor homes.

I checked the switch, and there are three terminals with leads connected to the two outside terminals. The center terminal is empty.

I asked about the fuse because I wanted to be able to prevent movement of the slideout when the grandchildren are with us. The fact that the interlock does not work prohibits sliding the seat all the way back to prevent operation.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 PM   #4
earljan34

Larry, I just looked at mine in the 05 sun voyager my switch is at the rear of the seat and has an arm that disconnects power to the switch for the slides. Is the switch on yours the same and is that arm moving when you move the seat? The arm is in a closed position when seat is forward (it then has power) it rides along the seat track and when seat is back arm is straight back (no power) It's like a contact switch. I have not found the fuse or breaker that controls it. If it was me I would replace the switch if it's bad. Or you could put a toggle switch in the line to kill the power.
Let me know how you make out but like I said I would replace the switch if it is bad then there is no chance of the slides being operated when seat is back.

Earl

Old 08-27-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
larrybell

Earl,

I believe the switch is bad. It was probably damaged when the seat was moved. I will either change out the switch, or I may go with your toggle switch suggestion. Thanks for the quick replys and the help.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:35 AM   #6
earljan34

Larry

Please make sure the toggle switch is heavy enough to carry the current for the interlock (if you go that way) if not there is a chance of a fire or just melt down of the switch !!!!! SAFTY FIRST

Earl

Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #7
larrybell

Thanks Earl, I will. I have seen the after effects of RV fires, and it is not a pretty site.