Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-12-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
pastordug

Default First Trip and NO HYDRAULIC'S

So we decided to take a "pre" trip (our first one) before the month long trip in a week and all went well UNTIL I tried to level the unit. I have a 2004 Crescendo and know the system works. However I did have unit serviced last week by local Freightliner place in town and this is the first time I have used it since. Here is my question.
First I cannot find the 50 amp circuit breaker the book says to check? Next I cannot even locate the hydraulic reservoir to make sure there is fluid.
SO here we sit with 3 slides that I cannot get open.
Here is a silly question also. Does the leveling work off shore power? I have tried EVERYTHING and cannot figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciated.
pastordug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:12 PM   #2
Chuck v

Default Re: First Trip and NO HYDRAULIC'S

Sorry to hear of your slide out issues... I am sure you know that the coach should be level before deploying the slides. It sounds like your coach has a single hydraulic power unit for both leveling and at least one of the slides like my Tour Master does.

On my coach and I am sure on yours the hydraulics unit runs on 12 VDC but is a high current load. It can work on the house/chassis batteries, but is also helped out by running the engine, the generator, or being on shore power. Of course if you have not used the coach before you may not know that the slide outs will not deploy in most coaches until the driver's seat is moved fully forward, as there is a safety interlock switch to check that it all clears.

The hydraulic power unit with its integral reservoir on my TM is in a basement bay on the driver's side about mid-ship. Most high current breakers on my coach are in a basement bay at the very rear of the curb side (one bay back from the battery compartment...)

Maybe someone with your model coach can chime in here with more specifics...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:18 PM   #3
pastordug

Thanks Chuck. I have had the slides out and leveled before so I know the worked. When I get home I'll take a closer look or have to take it back to shop where it was serviced. I went underneath but couldn't find the hydraulic tank but don't think that is it. I thought the levels and the slides worked independent of each other also? Which is why I am confused? I'm sure it is something simple but I'm finding out this is the RV life!
pastordug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:27 PM   #4
GulfStream1

Well, I have a Scenic Cruiser and the circuit breaker for the slides is on the rear compartment passenger side. It looks like a little black square box about half inch thick by two inches square. On the center it has a red button and when the circuit breaker trips little handle about half inch long will spring out. You need to push that handle back into the box and that will reset the circuit breaker.

Now as to the reservoir for adding fluid I believe on mine it is on the extreme rear end of the coach right next to where you add oil to the engine. On mine it says to use dextron III fluid. I never have had to add fluid to it, so I am not real familiar with it. I have the Quadra Big foot levelers and each leveler has its own motor.

Now the big slide has a big electric motor right on the center compartment behind the water heater. And I believe the reservoir is also located next to that electric motor and they are mounted like on a tray. I guess the tray is in case it sprung a leak. Never have had trouble with that either.

But that 50 amp circuit breaker that I described to you earlier controls the levelers and the slides.
GulfStream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:58 AM   #5
Frutza

My power unit is in the bays, in the center, from left to right, as far back as possible, kind of behind the water heater under a plastic cover. Now, I know the seat has to be all the way forward but I don't think that switch stops the jacks at all, the jacks and slide are on the same power unit. Now, you'll have the 38' coach, I only have 1 hydraulic slide. Do your jacks work? are all your slides hydraulic? If all your slides are hydraulic, try the reset codes for your jack system I think its one control system, know people who have had trouble with that
Old 08-01-2016, 04:16 PM   #6
richardscatzhouse

Mine is 12volt. also HWH I was able to find manuals parts and tips on website. http://www.hwhcorp.com/homeland4.html
Buy used Buy Trouble!!
richardscatzhouse is offline   Reply With Quote