Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-11-2020, 11:26 AM   #1
JBark

Default New GulfStream

Hey Folks,
My wife and I bought a new 2021 236RL and absolutely love it. We had a few very minor issues with a small leak in the shower and the dinette seat supports just being stapled in. Two beads of silicone and some angle brackets fixed those issues quick and easy.

I've been looking at rear view cameras and there seems to be a dearth of information available. Googling around shows that are two opinions of what kind of mount is installed, some say Furrion and some say Way Interglobal. I'm hoping that you guys can shed some light on this issue and I can move forward on getting a camera. I've attached a picture of the mount to this post. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021Gulfstream236RL.jpg (55.7 KB, 13 views)
JBark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:36 PM   #2
Eddie

Just bought a 2021 Vintage Cruiser (waiting for delivery day). My dealer said Gulf Stream uses Furion. If you use the furion camera it connects to a wire behind the faceplate for power. If you go with another camera you will likely have to change wiring. There are lots of YouTube videos out there showing how to do it either way.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:27 PM   #3
JBark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Just bought a 2021 Vintage Cruiser (waiting for delivery day). My dealer said Gulf Stream uses Furion. If you use the furion camera it connects to a wire behind the faceplate for power. If you go with another camera you will likely have to change wiring. There are lots of YouTube videos out there showing how to do it either way.
Hi Eddie, thanks for the quick reply! The Furrion mount is similar in shape to the one on the back of my trailer, but it isn't the same? see attached picture.

I did find a site that shows removing the "fin" and using a plate, but his mount didn't have the flanges that mine does, reason why I'm confused

https://campmichigan.org/inexpensive...backup-camera/

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shark-fin.jpg (36.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-11-2020, 05:08 PM   #4
Eddie

If you remove the four screws on that plate the power wire should be behind it and the camera mounts where the plate was with the four screws you have from the plate. At the very least you can see the wire behind it to match to a camera
Old 08-12-2020, 07:22 AM   #5
JBark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
If you remove the four screws on that plate the power wire should be behind it and the camera mounts where the plate was with the four screws you have from the plate. At the very least you can see the wire behind it to match to a camera
Thanks Eddie! I will followup once I've installed the camera.
Old 08-16-2020, 12:23 PM   #6
Jbahr

I agree with Eddie’s advice. I added a Furrion camera to my TT after using some other crap camera. I had to replace the the hood with the new set from Furrion. So you may have to drill some new holes. Make sure there are no wires behind where you drill. Also, the power cable had to be replaced and that is an easy fix. You just pull the power cable out about a foot undo the two lock nuts and rewire the new power cable. Once you have it all mounted make sure you put a good line of silicon around the hood and fill any exposed screw holes.
Good luck and enjoy your camper.
Jerry
Jbahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:26 AM   #7
Eddie

I finally got my camper and it had the same bracket on the back as your picture. Not sure if you installed a camera yet but the bracket is for a Way Interglobal camera which seem hard to find. You may know all this already by by now.
I’m switching to the Furrion and having the dealer install because they gave me a great price. They have to replace the awning motor anyway so I’m just getting it done at the same time

Happy camping!
Old 10-19-2020, 12:31 AM   #8
gusano0914

I have the same camper and it's a furion
gusano0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:15 PM   #9
Steyer

I have the same mount as the original post by JBark on a 2019 amerilite. From what I've found online it looks like Way interglobal which gets bad reviews on etrailer etc. The wire behind the little rubber plate looks like an rca jack. Has anyone found anything that mounts up to this mount and connection that they can recommend? Appreciate any feedback anyone has.
Steyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:24 AM   #10
RY469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyer View Post
I have the same mount as the original post by JBark on a 2019 amerilite. From what I've found online it looks like Way interglobal which gets bad reviews on etrailer etc. The wire behind the little rubber plate looks like an rca jack. Has anyone found anything that mounts up to this mount and connection that they can recommend? Appreciate any feedback anyone has.
It's Furrion.

One thing that did not get mentioned, is power is tied to the running lights. You turn on your park lights to turn on the camera.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote