Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
univmd

Default 08Tourmaster: Intellitec EMS Model 800

I have several questions here about my Intellitec emergency management system 800 because the manuals are unclear, and you guys have been more helpful than the dealer and maker in the past.

When I turn on my generator, the "30amp" service type light comes on, instead of the "Gen Set" service type light. Does this mean that the EMS is not protecting my Generator? Could it be because my Xantrex Inverter is already protecting the generator, so Gulfstream did not wire 12V signal to my EMS?

I am able to run all 3 A/C roof units on my generator. The EMS displays the load of current used (about 50), even though the "30amp" service type light above is the one that is lit. Meanwhile, none of the power status lights (6 sheds) are lit, meaning not powered. How can A/C work, if none of the sheds are powered? Meanwhile, if I turn off all the A/C units, then all 6 power status lights come on. Can anyone explain what might be going on, and if it is okay to run 3 A/C units on my 8kw generator?

With warm regards, James