Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
tedelman

Default Comments on Buying/Not Buying a Gulfstream 6372

Hi, We are looking to upgrade from our 26' Born Free. The BF has never let us down in 10 years and thousands of cross country trips. We are looking at a 2008 Gulfstream Supernova 6372 with 12.2K miles. The two couches in the interior are sheading their coating of fake leather. Other than that there are only minor dings (entrance area) and dents (sliding door from bedroom to bath) internal that were noted. The original owner became very sick and it sat. He only drove it for 3K+ miles. The second own has had the RV for just a few years. He's repaired rear brake lines, installed Ames oil in the engine and driven the rig ~ 9K miles pulling a trailer. He was on the professional dirt bike circuit. He has since shattered his left leg in Aug of this year (He showed me the pins, metal plates -not pretty) and that's his reason for selling it. Tomorrow I'll drive it and check it outside for anything out of the ordinary. I know Gulfstream stopped making motorized RVs in 2010 but we like what we see and think it will be good for our style of Rving. Please comment on what you think especially owners of this particular rig. He 's asking $98K.
Tom and Janis Edelman
Cell: 585.733.6018
tedelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #2
tedelman

Default Re: Comments on Buying/Not Buying a Gulfstream 6372

Finally found a new coach in Quartzsite,AZ after looking at many since leaving upstate NY on 10/14. It is a '06 Gulfstream model: 6331 Dynamax diesel with 26K miles. We are getting use to the rig, its components and driving characteristics. We love it! Added a complete solar system from Discount Solar and a blue flame heater for boondocking while in Q. The top Direct TV system now receives basic channels on our new 32" TV. Presently we are camped at the Hot Spring BLM outside Holtville, CA. We belong to Escapees and have a rally in Tucson beginning 4/8/15. We are Happy Campers ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Motorhome in Q AZ.JPG (66.0 KB, 1460 views)
tedelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
coyotebrooks

I have an 07 GS Ultra 29 ft on an E450 chassis with a 6.0L diesel engine with 26K miles on it. There are some who do not like the GS RVs but I am not one of them. I am happy with my purchase and think you would be too. I would like to know what size fuel tank I have a possible mileage I can expect from someone with a similar reg. Happy Campers could you help me out?

Wiley
coyotebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #4
steve.k

We have the 08 6372 and really enjoy it. I added the air ride and custom road king shocks up front as did most. Really enjoy the ride now. I also added a chip for a little extra go. The kodiaks are a excellent chassis. The dura max engine has excellent power and can be beefed up substantially with chip. You will really enjoy that unit.
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote